Has anyone taken the 003 yet?

jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
Just wondering. I just started studying for it. There appears to be only a Sybex book out for it so far.
WGU grad

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some people on here took the beta and the Sybex book wasn't even out yet.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the beta, if you've heard of the material before it wasn't that bad. I believe the Sybex book just came out.

CompTIA Project+: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide: Exam PK0-003 - Book Information - Sybex

If you look around you may find it cheaper.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

I found it cheaper on buy.com (even though I've vowed to never buy from them again)

So Booya to you sir!
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Well I started to read the above Sybex book and you want to talk about boredom. If it wasn't for WGU I don't know if I would continue with this.
    WGU grad
    I never would have taken the test if not for WGU. The book for the old test was really bad too.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    earweed wrote: »
    I never would have taken the test if not for WGU. The book for the old test was really bad too.

I would have taken the free beta if I wasn't so busy at the time.

The Sybex study guide for the PMP trounces the Project+ book. I'll go out on a limb and suggest reading that instead-- a very readable volume.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
    Well I take the 003 on Thursday and I will let you know how it goes. I'm pulling 90-100 percent on most of the practice tests from Sybex. Though in typical Sybex fashion the CD practice tests are full of wrong answers, so if anyone else ends up using that book be aware. I just franky don't want to study anymore...I'm so bored with it.icon_surprised.gif
    WGU grad
    Well I take the 003 on Thursday and I will let you know how it goes. I'm pulling 90-100 percent on most of the practice tests from Sybex. Though in typical Sybex fashion the CD practice tests are full of wrong answers, so if anyone else ends up using that book be aware. I just franky don't want to study anymore...I'm so bored with it.icon_surprised.gif

Are you using the new book or one of the older ones?
    New one. I may have exaggerated a little on the amount of wrong answers in the software, but there are some. A few of them carry over to the book, but if you read the answer it makes sense.
    Amazon.com: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide: Exam PK0-003 (9780470585924): Kim Heldman, William Heldman: Books
    WGU grad
    New one. I may have exaggerated a little on the amount of wrong answers in the software, but there are some. A few of them carry over to the book, but if you read the answer it makes sense.
    Amazon.com: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide: Exam PK0-003 (9780470585924): Kim Heldman, William Heldman: Books

Heldman writes a good book-- she wrote the PMP book I used to study for Project+, which I just passed yesterday.
    --Will Rogers
    003 or 002 petedude? Congrats on the pass!
    WGU grad
    003 or 002 petedude?

Either way Pete, congrats! All of the content (no matter the source) is a tough read.
    I made it through the 003 today. I scored an 811. I was pretty nervous about hitting the finish review button on this one. I used the book above as my only study material. Poorly written test IMHO.
    WGU grad
    I made it through the 003 today. I scored an 811. I was pretty nervous about hitting the finish review button on this one. I used the book above as my only study material. Poorly written test IMHO.

Congrats! It's just a tough topic to be tested on.
    steve13ad wrote: »
    Either way Pete, congrats! All of the content (no matter the source) is a tough read.

Oops! It was 002. Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

Interestingly enough, right after I passed I found that Heldman has written the newest version of the Sybex Project+ book. Hopefully it's as good as her PMP book.
    --Will Rogers
    Congrats on the pass, both of you!
    What did you think of the test?