Hdi

pakgeekpakgeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has any one written the (HDI) Support Center Analyst or the HDI Support Center Manager (SCM) exams?

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    pakgeek wrote: »
    Has any one written the (HDI) Support Center Analyst or the HDI Support Center Manager (SCM) exams?

I don't mean any offense here, but I have heard of several people refer to taking a test as writing a test. The first several times I heard it was a teacher of mine who I thought was actually working with Microsoft to develop the MCSE. Turns out he was only taking it. Where does the term writing come from?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I don't mean any offense here, but I have heard of several people refer to taking a test as writing a test. The first several times I heard it was a teacher of mine who I thought was actually working with Microsoft to develop the MCSE. Turns out he was only taking it. Where does the term writing come from?

One of those dialects of English things I guess. I assume you prefer the current Americanism of "taking a test" to which some would say "take it where?"; soliciting a response of "Prometric across town"; further soliciting the question, "don't they have any already there?". who's on first :)

University in the sixties, we always wrote tests because it was generally in a blank blue essay book for most of them. Multiple choice and scantrons were a new development. A Slide rule was my first light saber.

I also have a problem with sitting a test, but at least you can zero in on that meaning.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • TheDailyMelTheDailyMel Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pakgeek wrote: »

I haven't done either of those particular exams, but I do hold the Support Center Team Lead (SCTL) certification from HDI.
    Melissa
    BSIT - started July 1, 2010
    In Progress: TEV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2
    Transfer Credits: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I'm wondering too-- has anyone taken HDI exams? Looks like you can spend $30, download their "exam standards" book, then pay for the exam and take it.

I keep hearing that HDI certs can come in handy when you least expect it, especially for management roles.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers