Server 2003 Key issues

dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
I bought the MS Press book for 70-291 online. I installed virtual box on my machine today and began installing server 2003 on the virtualbox. When I entered the CD key, it said the key is invalid. I tried it a couple of times but the key is not accepted and I cannot install it.
What can I do to install it? The book is brand new and the CD was sealed before I opened it. I need it to continue my studies.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Try activating over the phone. It'll take a while but it's better than nothing. The only other alternative is to not activate it at all.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, I am trying to install it first. It would not let me install because of the CD key. I don't care about activating it because this is just for my studies and not for production purposes. Can I get another key or have them help me in installing it with the CD key that I have?
    Any ideas?
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Make suere you are using the media and key that came with the book, using a different media/key combination will give the results you are getting.

If you are sure you are using the correct media and key combination then call MS.
  • dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I finally got it to install and then activate.
    I was using the same media and key that came with the book. I had to uninstall Virtualbox, restart the machine, install Virtualbox again and then install Windows server 2003. It was wierd but it was successful. Now I can proceed with the studies.