Which is best certification to start with

kishan619kishan619 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi i am MCA(Master of computer application) student...i do not have any kind of experience in field.....
i want to do a entry-level security certification...so which is best certification to start with.....
and also give information about criteria for that.....and tell me i am eligible for that or not....
So..please guide me.....thanks in advance.......icon_cool.gif

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A+ is a pretty good starting point for pretty much everyone. Sounds like you already have eqivelent knowledge to this, so you could either take it anyway and have an easy time or just skip it.

Next in line is usually network+, builds right off the A+.

Third in line is the Security+, this sounds like the certificate you are looking for. Some will skip right from A+ to Security+ but that can be a pretty big jump.

If you don't know much about CompTIA, you might want to look into their renewal policy. Any A+, Net+, or Sec+ exam passed in 2010 or before will have you certified for life. Tests passed in 2011 or later will expire after 3 years.

Good luck with your studies, and welcome to TE.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • WillnetWillnet Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    If you don't know much about CompTIA, you might want to look into their renewal policy. Any A+, Net+, or Sec+ exam passed in 2010 or before will have you certified for life. Tests passed in 2011 or later will expire after 3 years.

Wow I didn't know that! I guess its time to get crackin.
  • apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    What does your work experience look like? What is the job market like in Rajkot-Gujarat?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Security is a very broad subject. I assume that you are interested in application security?

Edit: I wasn't very familiar with this degree until I searched on google: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Computer_Applications
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kishan619 wrote: »
    Hi i am MCA(Master of computer application) student...i do not have any kind of experience in field.....
    i want to do a entry-level security certification...so which is best certification to start with.....
    and also give information about criteria for that.....and tell me i am eligible for that or not....
    So..please guide me.....thanks in advance.......icon_cool.gif

If you are interested in security why not go with security +? Probably one of the most prestigous certifications from Comptia.

That would be my pick from the little knowledge you provided.
  • Samurai004Samurai004 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A+ ----> Network+ ----> Security+.

This is the order I went with no real life experience and it provided me a good foundation for the Microsoft MCSA/MCSE certification track. I thought A+ and Network+ were really fun also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]