Passed!

Norrlands TurkNorrlands Turk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Officially MCSA now. icon_king.gif It was not easy at all. I got 640 in my first try last week. I used the free second shot today and passed with 764. I think I have read the MS Press book at least three times cover to cover, done bunch of practice exams, got help from CBT Nuggets occasionally.

I can't decide what to study next. I am considering taking either two MS exams to upgrade MCSA to MCITP:SA or ITIL v3 foundation. icon_rolleyes.gif
WIP (Q2 - 2012):
Undecided

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats on the pass
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    well done, the 291 is a mean machine :)
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done and congrats.
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
  • Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif 291 was definitely no cake walk.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Officially MCSA now. icon_king.gif It was not easy at all. I got 640 in my first try last week. I used the free second shot today and passed with 764. I think I have read the MS Press book at least three times cover to cover, done bunch of practice exams, got help from CBT Nuggets occasionally.

I can't decide what to study next. I am considering taking either two MS exams to upgrade MCSA to MCITP:SA or ITIL v3 foundation. icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats! Did you already have CompTIA submit your a+ and net+ to Microsoft? I didnt do this until a few days ago and was wondering why my mcsa wasnt showing up in my MS transcript.

You must be logged into your Candidate record at https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia . Select the 'transcript' feature.
    Microsoft accepts the combination of CompTIA A+ with either CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Server+ as an elective for the Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA ) certification program. In addition, Microsoft accepts CompTIA Security+ as an elective for both the MCSA and the Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE ) certifications, and as a specialization option for the MCSA : Security and MCSE : Security certifications.
    You can forward an electronic verification of your certification using the ‘Transcript’ feature.
    On your first visit to this page you will essentially see a ‘blank’ screen with only column headings. Select ‘Create new transcript’ located to the left, under the word ‘Transcripts’. This will take you to the ‘Create/Edit’ screen.

The options on the CREATE/EDIT page are as follows: Select the boxes appropriate to your needs as described below:

DISABLED – allows You to ‘disable viewing’ by your recipient prior to the original ‘Can be viewed until’ date. Note, this will disable ALL transcripts sent under this particular transcript number.
    DISPLAY CERTS – Will display only the Certification held, without certification dates. MUST be checked.
    IF DISPLAYING CERTS SHOW CERT DATES – Will display Certification dates along with certification held. CAN be checked.
    CAN BE VIEWED UNTIL – This is the last date Transcript can be viewed by your recipient. Average time given is usually 30 to 90 days. Format of date field is MM-DD-YYYY. Your transcript will not function if the date entered is incorrectly'.

PRIVATE NOTES: Area where you can place note or reference for yourself – is displayed on main transcript screen only.
    REMARKS –These are visible to your recipient. You would enter your MCP# in this box when submitting for Microsoft validations.
    SUBMIT BUTTON– Creates Transcript & Transcript ID#.
    You will be sent back to the Transcript ‘home page’. Select the transcript ID you wish to publish, enter an email address & hit the ‘submit’ button. This occurs quickly and a notification will appear at the top of the page. Each e-mail address the transcript is sent to must be entered individually. Again, when the disabled feature is used, ALL the recipients who received the transcript ID# will be disabled. Feel free to send to yourself first, so you can review what your recipient will be receiving.
    Microsoft’s e-mail address, if applicable is mcphelp@microsoft.com They will only accept your certification information by using this validation process. If you have any questions please contact Microsoft at 1-800-636-7544.
    Note: The ‘submit’ button in the received e-mail does not link anywhere – we are working on removing this from the e-mail sent.
  • Norrlands TurkNorrlands Turk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone :)

@phoeneous

Thanks for the tip. I already submitted my CompTIA certs to Microsoft on Monday. I just checked my MS transcript now and it seems like they have added A+ and N+ under the "Exams completed successfully" section.

Strange thing is they still list only MCP and MCTS under the "Certification Status / Credentials" section. No MCSA. icon_scratch.gif
    WIP (Q2 - 2012):
    Undecided