Free SIP ISP software?

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,
I know we can use a Cisco router (with a bit of time and effort) to simulate the CO side of the PSTN, but can we do the same to simulate the ISP side of an SIP trunk? Doing it on a Cisco router would be preferable, but any 3rd party free/trialware windows software would also work.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dave

Comments

• LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Yes.. I could give you more information on what the termination point would look like if you gave me more of a scenario on a termination type.. ITSP's usually terminate with Either H.323 to SIP trunks. So it would look something like this.

Call Control Agent->CUBE(Local Termination Point) - ITSP(Termination Point)-Call Control Agent
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmmmmm... answering a question with a question...icon_lol.gif thats what I normally do...icon_lol.gif

I don't have a good answer for that, just that I'm getting asked more often by employers and recruiters if I've set up CUCME/CUCM with SIP trunks. Unfortunately I've not... so I was hoping on a "simple" (if there is such a thing) way to simulate the ITSP side in a home lab.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Azaghul,

Not sure if this is what you're trying to achieve...

I used a Trixbox to perform the task. I setup my trixbox on one network with its cisco router pointing to the FR cloud. I then setup two different CME sites pointing to the same cloud. With the trixbox, I was then able to configure my SIP trunks and setup all of the SIP UA information on the CME box. I hope this helps. Let me know if this is what you're trying to achieve... I'll dig up some configs and diagrams that I may have.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker