Passed OS

flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Score was 567, not great, but since I really don't like learning about old software that I'll never use, I'm happy I passed. I used A+ Complete, the 80/20 Guide, The A+ Exam Guide and the free test practice sites. None of which I thought were very good. If I had it to do over, Mike Meyer's book keeps getting mentioned as a good study guide. Most of my questions were either 98 or 2000 related, almost none on XP. A lot on files, where things are stored, and attrib stuff. Had to mark several for review as it wasn't clear what they were asking, or I had just never seen the issue before. Of all the electronic tests I've taken, the OS exam gave me more headaches than any other. I'm glad its over.

Comments

• princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congratulation. If i may ask, what is the next? and have you done the A+ core?
    Knowledge is life
  • flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have done the A+ core, which was much more of a fun time than OS. I'm looking into Net+ right now to see how difficult it is and what study materials are available. If its anything like the OS, I'll stop right here. And you?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JohnRedcornJohnRedcorn Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, I also passed the OS today with a 660. I underestimated OS since I got a pretty high score on the Core. Some questions were pretty difficult, i couldn't tell the difference between bootfix and fxmbr and whether ESD is bootable. I use the Meyer all in one book. On to N+ and currently taking CISCO semester one.
  • RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_exclaim.gif well done, a pass is a pass icon_wink.gif
    Formule One Racing Addict...
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats to flyted and JohnRedcorn!

Best of luck for future certs!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki