Virus Levels

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
You know Symantec has levels as a way to rate there viruses? What is the highest level you have dealt with? I wonder if we'll ever see a level 5?

Comments

• qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I believe they rate the virus' on the possible damage it can do, how quick it can spread and how hard it is to get rid of.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The virus levels will also downgrade once patches are applied and most of the possibility for damage has been hindered...so even if something is a 5, it could conceivably drop.

I don't recall....never looked at the rating for determining a fix, usually keep my clients up-to-date as well as remedy things as quickly as they are noticed...so I cannot say that I have ever been in a panic state to secure things when a virus was released (plus I don't use Symantec ;) ).

Did need to run updates on one client for Nimda....otherwise....usually only minor problems where a mobile user gets missed on updates and they need to be caught up.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?