2nd Free Shot

As every knows Microsoft and Vue ran a promotion between the dates of February 28, 2005 and May 31, 2005 for free second shot on any failed MCP test. I must admit this is/was a great deal, and a great marketing strategy. And I am sure it increased Microsofts' certification revenue for 2005.

Well does anyone think that Microsoft will be running this special anytime soon? I hope so. Beacuse as I am climbing this MCSE latter, it would not hurt to have this promotion still applicable.
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Maybe next year.
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Just a quick question, if I took the Windows XP exam and passed. Does that mean I'm a MCP? And I have to upgrade three years later?
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Chivalry1 wrote:
    As every knows Microsoft and Vue ran a promotion between the dates of February 28, 2005 and May 31, 2005 for free second shot on any failed MCP test. I must admit this is/was a great deal, and a great marketing strategy. And I am sure it increased Microsofts' certification revenue for 2005.

Well does anyone think that Microsoft will be running this special anytime soon? I hope so. Beacuse as I am climbing this MCSE latter, it would not hurt to have this promotion still applicable.

icon_confused.gif:

MS is running it right now? Do you mean will they extend it?

Don't know... you still have a number of days to take advantage of the current promotion though ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    spfdz wrote:
    Just a quick question, if I took the Windows XP exam and passed. Does that mean I'm a MCP? And I have to upgrade three years later?

As soon as you take and pass an MS certificaiton you are an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)

The certifications do not expire and as long as the OS is in use, claiming you hold the certification would not be a bad thing.

However, if you are planning on staying within the industry, it would seem that it would be in your best interest to stay current, don't you agree? ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Yes I was hoping that they would extend the promotion. This is such a great deal, that most people are influenced to try a Microsoft exam considering you get 2nd shot free.

I was just wondering if they would be either extending the promotion or offering it again in the near future.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    spfdz wrote:

It would mean your an MCP. The exam may expire after a certain point in time like NT did, the certification doesn't expire, however if you get an MCSA or MCSE you can upgrade. People with MCSE in NT have a specific upgrade route like 2K does.