Passed both Core and OS today

elitetech1elitetech1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
It was a good day indeed. Passed both Hardware and OS in one sitting. Hardware took 30 minutes, but the OS was a little different it took around about an hour.

Good Luck to all those that have their sites on being A+ Certified.

Next is Network+
Elitetech - CLC

Comments

• cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Congratz !!! on passing both exams on one day. Seldom people study A+ in exam thus A+ core & A+ OS on one day.

Cool. Hey what about your scores for the 2 exams.

Wish you goodluck with the certs ( especially Network+ for now )
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Congratz!! I stumbled more on the Hardware though...just so much specs. that one has to remember. I passed both test with an almost even number for both; 680.
    Good luck on your next test....Network+ is it? I'm heading there myself. I've heard that the Network 2001 exam will end at the end of this May.
    I hope it will give me an ample of time to study for this exam.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on becoming A+ certified!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • IndiIndi Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi...congrats on the test i hope that will be me next week. Can anyone give me some feedback as to the format of the test?
    Indi
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    W00t! icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • elitetech1elitetech1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The one thing about being a nerd is everyone in our world supports the next person and always lends a helping hand.

Elitetech
    Computer Solutions

The best thing is that all three techs in our company took both tests on the same day and each one of us passed. But we always could lean on the next man in fields that we were individually weak.
    Elitetech - CLC
  • my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    wow...bowing.gif
    Tell me how you study for both the exams, how long did you study?what book you study?

And congrats on your passing ..you are certified man..hopefully i get certified
    next month??bein asking around how long did everybody study?
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    I studied for almost three weeks for the A+. Took both on the same day, the test site is across my house (got there 5 min. before scheduled time..hehe). Most of the technical specs you have to remembered I had it packed down....I did helpdesk for over 5 years, and it sure helped me on this test. Most of my exams were on troubleshooting hardware (didn't have much on IRQS, DMAs, nor processors specs). My os exam were mostly on finding the locations of such-and-such on windows 98 and xp. Just make sure you know where things are (like the Driver Signing (ignore, warning, block), task manager (applications, performance, process tabs), event viewers). check out the the Mike Meyers books, great help for the exam. I would suggest anyone to set a win 98 and xp computers to learn where things are. Good luck
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki