Questions about CISSP "Access Control" domain.

s2008s2008 Banned Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I will be taking the CISSP after two weeks, and I have some questions that need clarifications, I would appreciate any advice in this matter.

Question#1:
Is "Rule-Based Access Control" a DAC or NDAC?
Because according to the quiz at "www.freepracticetests.org" it says NDAC and accuses ISC2 books of being wrong on this!, so what is it?

Question#2:
Do "Authentication" in access control officially 3 or 4 types?
Because according to the quiz at the same site above it is 3, which are:
Type1: Something you know.
Type2: Something you have.
Type3: Something you are.
But in my ISC2 book there is another type which is "Something you do" (e.g., signature dynamics)!

Comments

• GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    s2008 wrote: »
    Hi,

I will be taking the CISSP after two weeks, and I have some questions that need clarifications, I would appreciate any advice in this matter.

Question#1:
    Because according to the quiz at "www.freepracticetests.org" it says NDAC and accuses ISC2 books of being wrong on this!, so what is it?

Question#2:
    But in my ISC2 book there is another type which is "Something you do" (e.g., signature dynamics)!

1)In most cases it would be mandatory access control. (Specific rules/policy's based on an object).

2) I only know the three but i have not read the newest isc book this year so they could have added a fourth in theory.

Also keep in mind most of these tests are not updated very often. That question could be from 5 years ago and their's no way to know.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    s2008 wrote: »
    Hi,

Question#1:

Question#2:

I agree with GAngel. I have never even heard of ndac unless they are referring to network discretionary access control which still makes no sense. As for signature being a forth never heard of it being something you do. Thats a new one to me.
  • s2008s2008 Banned Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with GAngel. I have never even heard of ndac unless they are referring to network discretionary access control which still makes no sense. As for signature being a forth never heard of it being something you do. Thats a new one to me.
    NDAC stands for "Non Discretionary Access Control".

According to "www.freepracticetests.org" under NDAC we have:
    1) Rule-Based Access Control.
    2) Role-Based Access Control.
  • showstoppermdshowstoppermd Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    According to the official guide, the author states "There are three fundamental types of authentication" (OIG P59)

He goes on to state that there is a potential fourth factor of "somewhere you are" (OIG P60).

I'm thinking according to ISC2 there are currently only 3.