sharing experience

freestarfreestar Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All ,
I attended my 1st part of ITIL v2 SM ( SS) yesterday ,It was soo long & I ran out of time . I studied the SS blue book of OGC , passed through some sample questions of IT preneurs . I still have to wait for 4 weeks to know the result , but I feel I'll not make it . in the exam I knew the points but I'm afraid i didn't get exactly to what the examiner need , I tried in every question to relate to the case ( it was ITC) , I left 1 question, of 12 marks, didn't write a word on it,
I'll be attending the SD after 1 month from now, I'm afraid that my way of studying is wrong
can any body who passed the exam share with me the experience , any idea of how to study so that i can get the whole subject by this month ,

for info , I attended the training course begining of this year
Many thanks
Maha

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    freestar wrote: »
    Hi All ,
    I attended my 1st part of ITIL v2 SM ( SS) yesterday ,It was soo long & I ran out of time . I studied the SS blue book of OGC , passed through some sample questions of IT preneurs . I still have to wait for 4 weeks to know the result , but I feel I'll not make it . in the exam I knew the points but I'm afraid i didn't get exactly to what the examiner need , I tried in every question to relate to the case ( it was ITC) , I left 1 question, of 12 marks, didn't write a word on it,
    I'll be attending the SD after 1 month from now, I'm afraid that my way of studying is wrong
    can any body who passed the exam share with me the experience , any idea of how to study so that i can get the whole subject by this month ,

for info , I attended the training course begining of this year
    Many thanks
    Maha

Just curious, why are you doing the v2 SM?

Honestly, v2 SM is much harder than v3 Expert. You will really know ITIL if you clear the v2 SM.

MS
  • freestarfreestar Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually I wanted to go through less exams , so I think that passing the 2 SM exams , then the bridge one to achieve the V3 Expert better than sitting for around 6 or 7 exams. I took the training course for V2 already & my exams now are paid . Do u think that V3 is easier ??
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi freestar

V3 is easier if you're good at multiple choice - personally I'd prefer a written exam anyday!

I was on the V2 exam panel for ISEB, so I've marked hundreds of V2SM papers, as well as holding the qualification.

I found many of the people who failed weren't failing because they didn't know the material - it was because they didn't answer the questions fully. Either they misinterpreted the question, or they misread the question, or they went off at a tangent.

I would recommend doing as many V2 sample questions as you can get your hands on between now and your next exam. Ask your training company for all the sample papers they've got, and ask your trainer if they will look over your answers. It will highlight any gaps in your knowledge and refine your exam technique.

If you can only get a few sample questions, re-write them yourself. So if you've got a question about auditing a Capacity process, work through it for AVM, SLM etc.

Best of luck.

Claire
  • freestarfreestar Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks Claire for you illustration , I have already some sample exams now & i'll start in studying . Do u think one month will be enough or shall I postpone the exam date ???
    I want to ask another question , do u know the requirements of attending to the manager bridge course ( from v2 to v3 ) ?, is it required to have the ITSM v2 certificate??
    many thanks
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do u think one month will be enough or shall I postpone the exam date ???

It's hard to answer this without knowing you personally and your level of experience with ITIL.
    I want to ask another question , do u know the requirements of attending to the manager bridge course ( from v2 to v3 ) ?, is it required to have the ITSM v2 certificate??

Most people who take the manager bridge course hold the v2 manager, however, if you have a certain number of v2 practitioner courses such that you have sufficient credits, you are also eligible for the v2 to v3 bridge course.

MS
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi freestar

What eMeS said!

If you're in any doubt about the exam - why not speak to your trainer? They should be able to give you some impartial advice about whether you're ready or not.

The danger of postponing an exam is that real life tends to get in the way - will you genuinely have more time to study, or will work and family take over again? At least at this point the material is fresh in your mind, as is your experience from the first exam.

Claire