Passed S+

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I had to get it for the job. Spent about a week with Darril Gibson's book. It prepares you for the test, but the questions in the back were way off. You can still pass with this book, but I would suggest finding practice test from other vendors as I just used this book as a sole source of info.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Welcome to the Security+ club. :) Darril's book is an excellent source, but the practice questions are nowhere near the difficulty of the real test. But the overall knowledge acquired from Darril's book and CBT Nuggets was more than enough to pass.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How do you mean when you say but the practice questions are nowhere near the difficulty of the real test. ? Was it Harder than them or easier?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!!! In terms of the questions asked after each chapter and the final, I think they were geared towards reinforcing the actual content as opposed to asking you a bunch of random questions that could be similar to the real thing. I used several CBT sources for this exam as well but this book was the only one that constantly kept making sure I understood the material (ie. note sections immediately after each concept is explained.) In the end, you learn more :)
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    DoubleD wrote: »
    How do you mean when you say but the practice questions are nowhere near the difficulty of the real test. ? Was it Harder than them or easier?

They are much harder, but the book still give u 90-95 percent of the info needed, but the way the questions are worded makes them difficult.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related