Passed!!! 70-293

kentwindhamkentwindham Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed by one question, but that counts! Lots of RRAS and clustering. About 6 or 7 simulations.

Now on to the next one.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    A pass is as good as a 900+ score in my book (if you learned the material along the way) I recently passed the 70-642 with exactly a 700 but feel like I knew the material better than the score indicated.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass. Which test is next on the agenda? 294?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Lots of RRAS

icon_sad.gif

That's so not cool...
  • TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Cool, congratz on the pass. I'll be taking this exam within a couple weeks or so. Were there many SUS and PKI questions? I been trying to strengthen in those areas in particular.

It's funny that it's WSUS they test you on in the 290 exam, but I hear in 293 it's SUS.

Like my network instructor use to say....."Dr. SUS is dead! Nobody uses it anymore in the real world!!" lol
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Technito wrote: »
    Were there many SUS and PKI questions?

He can point out areas that you should study, but specifically answering your question would breach the NDA that was agreed to, and put his certifications (and possibly yours) at risk.

It's funny that it's WSUS they test you on in the 290 exam, but I hear in 293 it's SUS.

Like my network instructor use to say....."Dr. SUS is dead! Nobody uses it anymore in the real world!!"

They have just changed the name several times, same thing. Why doesn't anyone use sus? I have never worked in an enviornment that uses it, but from learing about it seems to be a great tool.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    He can point out areas that you should study, but specifically answering your question would breach the NDA that was agreed to, and put his certifications (and possibly yours) at risk.

I haven't read anything like that in Microsoft's NDA. And if that was the case, then he's already breached it by saying there was lots of RRAS on this exam. Along with most users on this site that shares their exam experiences. You'd have to write a document word-for-word of criteria on the exam to be considered breaching Microsoft's NDA.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Kent, congrats on the pass!!!!!!!

Technito: I would question your instructor. WSUS is used alot, especailly if you need to control updates on your users systems; compatability issues with 3rd party apps and having to manually update each users machine/servers then it is a worthwile tool.

It also depends on the size of the company you work for. It is covered on the test and it would be wise to at least lab it and get familiar with the WSUS console. At the very least I would make sure you know the concepts, but with sims getting more prevalent, take the mindset that you should leave no stone unturned when preparing for these tests.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
    motogpman wrote: »
    Kent, congrats on the pass!!!!!!!

Technito: I would question your instructor. WSUS is used alot, especailly if you need to control updates on your users systems; compatability issues with 3rd party apps and having to manually update each users machine/servers then it is a worthwile tool.

It also depends on the size of the company you work for. It is covered on the test and it would be wise to at least lab it and get familiar with the WSUS console. At the very least I would make sure you know the concepts, but with sims getting more prevalent, take the mindset that you should leave no stone unturned when preparing for these tests.

Thanks for the explanation, but I was referring to SUS (The old version). And yes, WSUS (The newer version) is widely used in most companies I've worked for. But for testing purposes there are quite a few differences between the two.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Gotcha, was hoping that your instructor wasn't passing on bad info to ya.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!