Options

Bryant advantage CCNA:S

spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
Has anybody bought this? Is it better than the official Cisco books?

Comments

• Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    I'd stick to the official books if I were you. Some people like chris' work but I think he is a horrible teacher
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have the CCNA:S from Bryant; at the time, I got it it was "pay what you want for it". I have been using Nuggets and Trainsignal for these studies but I'll update this post when I actually get to the Bryant Advantage part of my studies. For the money, its a decent deal.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I have both the INE and the Chris Bryant materials. Honestly the INE stuff is severely lacking so I've been using the Chris Bryant stuff to make up for it. The TS stuff is not terrible but he's really dry and extremely monotone so at times I can fall asleep. :p

I think with his materials and the book you really can't go wrong. I tried to watch the Nuggets stuff and I really just can't stand the instructor on those. Their whiteboard drawings and writing of the materials seems so ghetto to me and unprofessional. But that's just my opinion, others love their stuff. Me, not a huge fan.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    QHalo wrote: »
    The TS stuff is not terrible but he's really dry and extremely monotone so at times I can fall asleep. :p

1.8x speed + lots of caffeine = good CBT ;)
  • Options
    DeliriousDelirious Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the train signal ccna material with Bryant and its thorough but his method of instructing doesn't seem very effective for me. To me it seems like he is always trying to move through the material as fast as possible and he doesn't show his work in diagrams very well.
  • Options
    Dilbert65Dilbert65 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used Bryant and trainsignal and love it still using it for my CCNA:S. I would recommend buying the study guides from Chris since they minic the train signal videos at a pretty cheap price.

For me a have a nice lab so I watch 1 video then watch it again while following along with my equipment. I am not very good with book learning I need hands on and "see" it in action, which I get with Chris Bryant. But dont try to watch the video at 11pm unless you want to wake up in a few hours with the imprint of your keyboard on your face.