Ccip

Finished this off today with the BGP+MPLS composite. The exam was fair, not too difficult and not too easy. Luckily my two weakest areas were not hit very hard on the test though. The sims were actually scenarios that I have run into in either in my labs or in the real world which was cool.

Overall I really enjoyed studying for this certification. Much more than the CCNP. I'm not sure what I'll do next. I don't really have the time and energy to focus 100% on the CCIE right now so I might make a stop off in Juniper land. I have a voucher for the JNCIA I still haven't used.
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's awesome dude, congrats!

Aren't you doing voice work? No interest in the VP?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! How much exp do you have with BGP/MPLS? Any plans for donig the QoS exam yet?
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nice work! congrats.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    That's awesome dude, congrats!

Aren't you doing voice work? No interest in the VP?

I'm not doing voice work anymore. In a core service provider role now doing routing and swithcing. While voice does still interest me, after taking the ISCW (damn SDM!) I really don't want to do another Cisco exam that is based on a GUI run product like the Call Manager. Memorizing what drop down menu does what isn't exactly my idea of fun.
    knwminus wrote:
    Congrats! How much exp do you have with BGP/MPLS? Any plans for donig the QoS exam yet?

I work for a service provider on the core network side so BGP and MPLS are pretty much my job focus. I do a lot of new product integration also so getting customer services to work over an MPLS backbone is a big part of what I do.

I have already completed the QoS exam in Feb. so I'm done with the CCIP.
    I work for a service provider on the core network side so BGP and MPLS are pretty much my job focus. I do a lot of new product integration also so getting customer services to work over an MPLS backbone is a big part of what I do.

I have already completed the QoS exam in Feb. so I'm done with the CCIP.

Very cool. Sorry I didn't notice you had updated your cert list. So a double congrats for passing the test and getting the CCIP. Next up CCIE written right? That seems to be the logical progression (of people here and some elsewhere).
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't notice you had updated your cert list.

Or looked at the thread title/first sentence? :p

Kidding... Kidding...
    dynamik wrote: »
    Or looked at the thread title/first sentence? :p

Kidding... Kidding...

See when he said finished this off I thought he meant the test. #FAIL icon_sad.gif
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I might do the written, just not sure yet. I've actually been studying for it on and off since before I started on the CCIP. I've read the Routing TCP/IP I and II books and the cert guide three times, just never really felt ready for the exam. Plus I don't really have the time (motivation to make time really) to put towards the lab prep anyway right now.

I forgot to mention the materials I used. The two best resources for this exam IMO are the Internet Routing Architectures and MPLS Fundamentals. If you have a good working foundation with the material already you could pass just reading those two books.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I might do the written, just not sure yet. I've actually been studying for it on and off since before I started on the CCIP. I've read the Routing TCP/IP I and II books and the cert guide three times, just never really felt ready for the exam. Plus I don't really have the time (motivation to make time really) to put towards the lab prep anyway right now.

I forgot to mention the materials I used. The two best resources for this exam IMO are the Internet Routing Architectures and MPLS Fundamentals. If you have a good working foundation with the material already you could pass just reading those two books.

Definitive MPLS Designs is the best MPLS book I've found.
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

I was too much of a pansy to do the composite myself.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Congrats man! Hopefully I can knock mine out next week.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! Good luck to you on your future endeavors.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Big congrats, man. I knew you had a lot of service provider experience, but didn't know you were studying for this.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass man!