Time to dive back into it

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took my 70-620 exam about a year ago and since then I have just been focusing on college. However, Summer semester is almost over and I will have 6 weeks until the Fall semester so I just ordered the MCITP:EA Self Paced boxed set and I plan on knocking out 70-640 before school starts back up.

Fortunatly, I have an MSDN:AA account through my school so I have about 6 or 8 Server 08 licenses along with VMWare Workstation so I will have no problem setting up all the labs that are in the books.

I don't have the work experience, but I excelled in my Server 03 class a few semesters ago. I replicated our classroom labs at home in VMWare and knocked out the whole semester worth of labs in 2 weeks on my own. After that I had nothing to do in my labs so I demo'd a Server 08 Core install and configuration for the class. I also redid all of my labs on a full install of Server 08. I really enjoyed it so I think I am going to enjoy going down the MCITP:EA path.

Wish me luck :D
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    And for personal growth I would recommend delving into PowerShell scripting as that will benefit you in the workplace, and definitely be handy if you're set on using 2008 Core.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote: »
    And for personal growth I would recommend delving into PowerShell scripting as that will benefit you in the workplace, and definitely be handy if you're set on using 2008 Core.

Can you recommend any good books on the topic? Seems to be a whole lot of PowerShell being discussed in my 70-640 book so it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to read up a little further on it from another source.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    Can you recommend any good books on the topic? Seems to be a whole lot of PowerShell being discussed in my 70-640 book so it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to read up a little further on it from another source.

Someone recommended this book to me. Amazon.com: Windows Powershell Cookbook: for Windows, Exchange 2007, and MOM V3… I haven't purchased or read it yet, but it is likely to come in the future.
    Decide what to be and go be it.