VMware Instructor

scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi All,

I've just joined up as a member on here, and I thought I'd just say hello...

I'm a VMware Certified Instructor working for Global Knowledge in the UK, and I help out on the official VMware community forums on certification and education matters.

I also run my own blog and website, packed full of information on the VCP, VCAP, and VCDX certifications, as well as the latest news on new/updated VMware training courses.

VMware Training and Certification
Think Virtually

I'm happy to help anyone who's interested in VMware training/certification, feel free to PM me on here or email me at scott.vessey@globalknowledge.co.uk :)

Cheers,
Scott.
VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hello and welcome. I've checked out your blog in the past, great stuff!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've followed your blogs and used your expertise on the VMWare forums for long time. Thanks for all of the great help.
    I'm still waiting for my company to fork over the $$$ for the class so I can FINALLY get certified after 2 years+ (and counting). icon_twisted.gif
    I/We will def hit you up for tips as well our resident VMWare experts Blargoe, Astorrs, Dynamik, Gomjaba, and others.

Thanks and welcome to Techexams.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE!
    We really look forward to having you here and hopefully you can join us as we (noobs like me) seek a little knowledge.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome aboard!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome, Scott. Your posts on VMTN and your websites (especially the VCP resource links) were helpful in my quest to complete the VCP recently. Your efforts are much appreciated!!
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    scott28tt wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've just joined up as a member on here, and I thought I'd just say hello...

I'm a VMware Certified Instructor working for Global Knowledge in the UK, and I help out on the official VMware community forums on certification and education matters.

I also run my own blog and website, packed full of information on the VCP, VCAP, and VCDX certifications, as well as the latest news on new/updated VMware training courses.

VMware Training and Certification
    Think Virtually

I'm happy to help anyone who's interested in VMware training/certification, feel free to PM me on here or email me at scott.vessey@globalknowledge.co.uk :)

Cheers,
    Scott.

Cool. We look forward to seeing you post a great deal on here. A lot of people have VMWare labs at home or VMWare ambitions but lack the cash for the the VCP class. Im sure they have lots of questions for you!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Welcome! great looking forward to your valuable contribution.
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4
  • VancouverTechieVancouverTechie Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum. Do you have any updates on the VCAP? I can't get scheduled for a exam.

John
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hi,

There is a delay with the VCAP-DCA exam, VMware will make an announcement when it becomes available. That's all I can say...

Scott.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    scott28tt wrote: »
    That's all I can say...

Red Squirrel, I have said too much .... go now .... just go icon_lol.gif
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE. I am planning a VCP class at Global Knowledge in the states, I hope you won't mind me PM'ing you some questions about the class and how to get the most out of it. I think your a great addition here
  • jjdurrantjjdurrant Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome.. great blog!

I am bummed though... I just took the 4.0 class week and scheduled the VCP-410 for the 28th... I am not prepared if any 4.1 questions are tossed at me. icon_sad.gif
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think the likelihood of you getting 4.1-specific questions on the VCP4 exam are currently small, but the longer you leave it the more likely that will become. I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you are prepared according to the exam blueprint. Best of luck icon_smile.gif

Scott.
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Scott,
    Welcome aboard. I actually have been working with VMWare for the last 4 years and enjoy it. I am more of a Cisco person but I do like where VMWare / EMC are going. We are starting to virtualize our servers but we are in the planning stages of working with the VDI for workstations. I did have a question about linked clone technology. Would it be possible if I could pick your expertise?
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Scott,
    Welcome aboard. I actually have been working with VMWare for the last 4 years and enjoy it. I am more of a Cisco person but I do like where VMWare / EMC are going. We are starting to virtualize our servers but we are in the planning stages of working with the VDI for workstations. I did have a question about linked clone technology. Would it be possible if I could pick your expertise?
    Post the question and someone will help (be it Scott or me or someone else)