Jobs in Atlanta area

cubsfancubsfan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys I have been following this site for awhile and I must say its awesome! little background about me, I currently work at the help desk for a large hospital locally for the past 2 years. I'm looking to relocate to the Atlanta area due to family reasons, the problem is I'm having a really hard time getting any call backs when I send out my resume, I get tons of calls for local jobs. I have put a valid GA address on my resume and still no go. I have about 5 years of tech experience on the phone and hold a A+, I am also attending WGU. I would really like to have a job lined up before I move anyone have suggestions or know any companies hiring the area? any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is hard right now. I have been doing the same thing as you and no nibbles yet. I just continue to send my resumes out there.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • DeesielDeesiel Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!! I'm looking to relocate to ATL next year, so I will be doing the same thing that you're doing soon...

Do you have a GA phone number? Perhaps that could help with getting callbacks... Use Google Voice and set up a GA area code number. (Google Voice is free if you didn't know already.)

What site are you using to look/apply for jobs? Also, what type of jobs are you applying for, corporations or locally owned small / medium businesses?
    AAS in CS/Networking Technology, A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS Vista Config, MCSA 2003, CCNA
  • cubsfancubsfan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the google voice idea! Im applying to any job basically I see myself qualified for even if its another help desk job just so I can have some type of work when I get there and not worry about money then from there I can apply to jobs that I am intrested in. But its been tough its making me feel im not qualified for work there which is discourging...
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Be prepared to leave for work at 4 am when your shift starts at 8am. The traffic blows there.

I met a gorgeous girl in atlanta this past weekend, maybe i should relocate. LOL
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Be prepared to leave for work at 4 am when your shift starts at 8am. The traffic blows there.

I met a gorgeous girl in atlanta this past weekend, maybe i should relocate. LOL

Dude, you were in ATL and didn't ping a bro? I see how it is. I don't blame you, with the hot girl though :)
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »

So many people are laid off right now (including me) the traffic isn't that bad! lol I hate then the school buses start running again. Probably doesn't apply to Spaghetti Junction though.
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kevozz wrote: »
    So many people are laid off right now (including me) the traffic isn't that bad! lol I hate then the school buses start running again. Probably doesn't apply to Spaghetti Junction though.

The traffic down there is no where as bad on the NJ Parkway or NJ Turnpike in the morning going to NYC.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    cablegod wrote: »
    Dude, you were in ATL and didn't ping a bro? I see how it is. I don't blame you, with the hot girl though :)

Had no idea you were in ATL. I'm down there about once a month for work. I'll probably be staying down there overnight now after meeting that girl. We may have to grab a beer or something.