Options

Found this site 1 day before the test.....

tinom99tinom99 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I passed 823. Wish i would've found this site before hand....
only joined to add input of what i studied.
Read the Exam Cram 2nd edition.
Got the Ucertify practice tests but alot of those are questions are way off. The program is a solid study reference because it will tell you why the other answers arent correct. (don't regret getting it)
took all practice test from VCEM Software.
Since i read here that Sybex was the book of choice i read almost all of it the day before.
The test isn't bad if you know the material...If you have to decide which sounds right..... then you have to study some more...I scored low because i was in and out in about 40 minutes and didnt mark too many. I should've marked but I know myself and if i wouldve second guessed myself, I would've gotten a lower score.
One thing i do recommend. Go thru the questions....mark them if your not sure...as the test progresses u might see that one question will answer one of your marked ones or it will jog your memory and u can go back and double check any ones you were uncertain about.
Good luck everyone.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and welcome to TE!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the PASS!! icon_cheers.gif

Welcome to the TechExams.net forums icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to TE. That is a standard testing practice for me. When in doubt mark a question. This usually results in half the test questions getting marked, but then when I go back I only change 1 or 2.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    tiffj81tiffj81 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My test is tomorrow....I'm so nervous. I have no IT experience and I'm struggling with the practice test. I know a lot but not enough....should I reschedule?
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've never rescheduled a test. I have also never sworn that I was going to fail (many times I've considered it a 50-50 shot).

Just by the way you said that, if you are worried about losing money than yes. But if money isn't a huge deal, give it a try. Worst case you are a couple hundred poorer, but you have also gained some valuable test experience.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    tiffj81 wrote: »
    I have no IT experience

CompTIA recommends:
    Recommended experience: CompTIA Network+ certification and two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security.
  • Options
    poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In my opinion.. I would NEVER reschedule a certification exam... I know, they are not cheap, but I consider it a learning curve if you do not pass the first time... At least you will know what the questions are like for the next test.
    Scott
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!

tiffj81 wrote: »
    My test is tomorrow....I'm so nervous. I have no IT experience and I'm struggling with the practice test. I know a lot but not enough....should I reschedule?

This is why I don't schedule exams till 1-2 days after I'm sure I'm ready. Note: I've paid for all of mine out of pocket.

On a side note good luck!
  • Options
    tiffj81tiffj81 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the advice....test in the a.m! Wish me luck!
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck to tiffj81 and congrats to tinom99!