CTT+ Exam Requirements

sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey?

I know the CompTIA site lists the requirements but is anyone here a CTT+ or training to be one?

CompTIA lists this:

Number of exam parts Two
Number of Questions Computer- based exam (CBT) has 95 questions
Exam format Two parts - CBT and VBT (video based exam)
Exam Duration CBT - 90 minutes
College Credit Yes. To find out more, click here.
Recommended
Experience There are no prerequisites
Minimum Passing Score CBT - 655;

VBT - 36.

CBT=Computer Based Training?
VBT=Video Based training?

SO one exa, is a reg compTIA computer exam?

and the other is a Video you watch and take a exam or???

On a difficulty scale compared to Network or A+ where would you rate this exam??

If you have prior tech training and certifications and general training understanding.....would you be able to pass generally easy or it is very detailed and you have to study for a long time...i mean..come on...a test is generally hard or easy...for me at least....
Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm a CTT.

The second portion of the exam process is not watching a video then taking an exam. It is you actually teaching a minimum of 5 people while videoing yourself doing it. It can be as long as you want, but the judges will only watch 20 minutes of your training session. So here are the steps, to take after you pass the CBT and get all of the documentation you'll be required to send in with your video.

1. Get 5 people to train in something technical

2. Set up a Video camera in a room big enough to hold all 5 people and has space for you to use a white board, projector, or whatever other training aids you might need.

3. Do the training, and make sure you and the students are visable in the video, and make sure you're heard on the video.

4. Review your video, then submit it to CompTIA.

After this they will review your tape and decide whether you pass or fail.
  • schhinaschhina Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keatron, congrats on being a CTT+.
    As half a part of the team I understand how difficult the video portion is.
    I was surprised with my results of 900 on the CBT exam.
    Now I'm planning on shooting the video next week in about 5 days.
    I am putting a lecture together in subnetting and breaking it down to 6 steps, involving learners along the way. Will be asking them to practice and I'll praise and all that good stuff in the video. I only have one shot at it, because this portion is part of my actual class. I am very limited with resources/support.
    Any tips will be highly appreciated.
    Do you have your video to share, I promise that I will not publish it or do anything bad.
    Thanks!
    Suzy
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on yours.

I don't have any specific tips, other than that you're video should not be a tape of a portion of a training session, rather, it should be specifically designed to hit the points that CompTIA wants to see when evaluating the videos

As far as sample videos go, people seem to keep a tight hold on those.

MS
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    keatron wrote: »
    I'm a CTT.

The second portion of the exam process is not watching a video then taking an exam. It is you actually teaching a minimum of 5 people while videoing yourself doing it. It can be as long as you want, but the judges will only watch 20 minutes of your training session. So here are the steps, to take after you pass the CBT and get all of the documentation you'll be required to send in with your video.

1. Get 5 people to train in something technical

2. Set up a Video camera in a room big enough to hold all 5 people and has space for you to use a white board, projector, or whatever other training aids you might need.

3. Do the training, and make sure you and the students are visable in the video, and make sure you're heard on the video.

4. Review your video, then submit it to CompTIA.

After this they will review your tape and decide whether you pass or fail.

I'm not one myself, but this is my understanding of the process. And if Keatron says it is so, then it must be.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Keep in mind that his post is also 5 years old, so things might have changed...

I passed the written awhile ago, and I completely forgot about the video portion. I need to add that to the list...
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Keep in mind that his post is also 5 years old, so things might have changed...

I passed the written awhile ago, and I completely forgot about the video portion. I need to add that to the list...

This is a very good point. But I just read the requirements a few weeks ago and it looks to be the same.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Most of the failures for this are on the video portion, because people think that you can just record any random 20 minute section of a class. In fact, what you end up producing that meets the video requirements seems somewhat contrived from a training perspective, because it's not really what you'd necessarily do in a real training session...

MS
  • schhinaschhina Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the feedback guys.
    I felt really awful asking for the sample video at the beginning. My main concern is, that you can't cover much of the material in the 20 minutes. In my subnetting class, I could cover subnetting in 5 minutes. But with the background information, pursuading the students about the previous quiz (hopefully that's enough to convince the judge that I have enough info on my learners), asking questions during the process, will take longer than the REAL lecture.
    Thanks again!
    Suzy
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You need to pick an appropriate topic that can be done in approximately 20 minutes. If you can't fit something in there, don't just leave it hanging. Maybe just cover a subset of the topic. Instead of teaching subnetting, teach how to convert binary to decimal and vice versa.