Options

Double pre auth at Prometric

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Anybody ever experience. I signed up for a test and the web paged errored out so I selected compatability mode and it refreshed the screen and ran it again. I look now and I have 2 pre auths on my online banking and on the prometric history page.

I called the lady and she said wait for both of them to hit and then decline the one, once it hits.

Does this sound right? Why couldn't she remove it right there? Because it was in a pre auth stage?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That doesn't sound right. While it will likely work, it is shifting the burdon onto you and your credit card company. They should easily be able to refund it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right. While it will likely work, it is shifting the burdon onto you and your credit card company. They should easily be able to refund it.

Just called back. I gotta wait till Tuesday and then they can remove the charge from my account. It hasn't replicated through the system I suppose :/
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A pre-authorization isn't the same as a charge. It's just a hold on your balance. They usually last 24-72 hours.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did you figure this out?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Prometric site sucks , I have double every thing with them and it takes many Email to correct them but I still have the wrong name on their site.
  • Options
    Devil

Yes after 4 phone calls I finally got it right. Why not 1 time you know?

Anyway this has been resolved.