Exam Vouchers Clearance

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
I don't know if anyone is planning to take one of these exams by the end of the month, but it might be worth taking advantage of these:

PrepLogic Clearance Vouchers for A+ CCNP MCSE Network+ and Security+

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm looking to take the Security+, but not by the end of the month. I was looking on Welcome to IT Exam Vouchers Online Shop!, WWW.VOUCHER4YOU.COM and they offer a security+ voucher for $175 at prometric and $180 at vue.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I'm looking to take the Security+, but not by the end of the month. I was looking on Welcome to IT Exam Vouchers Online Shop!, WWW.VOUCHER4YOU.COM and they offer a security+ voucher for $175 at prometric and $180 at vue.
    I've bought vouchers from them before and it worked out fine.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
    I've bought vouchers from them before and it worked out fine.

There is another site that I have heard good things about, but the name escapes me right now.
  • Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Their "Quantity Available" on that page haven't been updated since you posted this thread. icon_lol.gif
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I placed a order with PrepLogic. I got an email back requesting me to fill out a form with my credit card number, address, and social security number?? I already filled out my credit card number the first time when they processed my order? And not sure what my social security number has to do with anything? I would think that's a privacy concern I mean you don't have to be taking the security+ to know that. Did anybody here also have to do the same when buying a voucher from PrepLogic?
  • Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HUGE red flag if they're asking for SSN. They have all they need for identity theft right there. Wow. I'm not familiar with PrepLogic -- are they reputable? I wouldn't proceed.

Are they requiring SSN or is it an optional field? At any rate, huge red flag!!
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I placed a order with PrepLogic. I got an email back requesting me to fill out a form with my credit card number, address, and social security number?? I already filled out my credit card number the first time when they processed my order? And not sure what my social security number has to do with anything? I would think that's a privacy concern I mean you don't have to be taking the security+ to know that. Did anybody here also have to do the same when buying a voucher from PrepLogic?

icon_silent.gif Big red flag indeed! I was actually thinking about buying from them but I think I'll just go with voucher4you.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

I would call them. Something is indeed strange about that request, and yes I know that is an understatement.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is another thread on here about preplogic having that practice of requesting additional info. It was in this thread.http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/51422-issue-preplogic.html
    If you don't feel comfortable giving out info then call or just cancel your order.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    I've opened a ticket to cancel my order and un-charge my credit card with PrepLogic. Should get a response back by Monday. After I get my money back I'm going to buy the Security+ voucher from Welcome to IT Exam Vouchers Online Shop!, WWW.VOUCHER4YOU.COM which are offering the same voucher for $5 dollars more only plus they have a pay by paypal option and they have vouchers for Vue and Prometric available.
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've opened a ticket to cancel my order and un-charge my credit card with PrepLogic. Should get a response back by Monday. After I get my money back I'm going to buy the Security+ voucher from Welcome to IT Exam Vouchers Online Shop!, WWW.VOUCHER4YOU.COM which are offering the same voucher for $5 dollars more only plus they have a pay by paypal option and they have vouchers for Vue and Prometric available.

I just bought my Security+ voucher from voucher4you.com and it worked fine. It was just a little scary at first to buy from a new vendor but they save you more money than my usual getcertify4less.
    killuah72 wrote: »
    icon_silent.gif Big red flag indeed! I was actually thinking about buying from them but I think I'll just go with voucher4you.

I think its actually legit. I believe they recently had a change of policy. I still wouldn't give them my SSN though, even if it would save me a few bucks.
    killuah72 wrote: »
    I just bought my Security+ voucher from voucher4you.com and it worked fine. It was just a little scary at first to buy from a new vendor but they save you more money than my usual getcertify4less.

That was the other one that I couldn't think of.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think its actually legit. I believe they recently had a change of policy. I still wouldn't give them my SSN though, even if it would save me a few bucks.

whether legit on not it is stupid on their part. Whenever I call my bank with an issue , what do they ask for? The three digit security code, verify my address and the last four digits of my social security number. So why would I give preplogic the last piece of information that they need to identify voice banking against my account. Sorry but they have nothing that I need that much. That is why I like paypal vendors instead of account numbers all over hell.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just got an email from Vouchers4you. They are selling the Microsoft vouchers at 20% off which makes them 60 dollars. That is insane, especially since they are legit.

As a word of warning he recommends (in a very small link at the bottom of the page) that you register your test within 24 hours and that after that your vouchers aren't guaranteed to work. I bought 3 and am now freaked out that I wasted my 180 dollars. Has anyone ever used one after 24 hours?
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
    tbgree00 wrote: »
    As a word of warning he recommends (in a very small link at the bottom of the page) that you register your test within 24 hours and that after that your vouchers aren't guaranteed to work. I bought 3 and am now freaked out that I wasted my 180 dollars. Has anyone ever used one after 24 hours?

Sounds to me like he is selling the same voucher number to other people.
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds to me like he is selling the same voucher number to other people.

Yeah, I am getting that feeling as well. I sent him an email asking him about it and he replied saying that I should go ahead and schedule all the exams and keep moving them back until I am ready to sit the exam. I bought 3 because I wanted a "2nd shot" waiting for me if I didn't pass the 293 but I now feel like I was taken for a ride and am out 180 dollars.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just got an email from Vouchers4you. They are selling the Microsoft vouchers at 20% off which makes them 60 dollars. That is insane, especially since they are legit.

No. I just wait to buy them until I know when I plan on taking a test.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I am getting that feeling as well. I sent him an email asking him about it and he replied saying that I should go ahead and schedule all the exams and keep moving them back until I am ready to sit the exam. I bought 3 because I wanted a "2nd shot" waiting for me if I didn't pass the 293 but I now feel like I was taken for a ride and am out 180 dollars.

I bought a Security+ voucher from voucher4you through Ebay. He said the same thing in the message, to schedule the exam asap. I forgot and didn't schedule my exam until 2 months later, but the voucher still worked.

That being said, I would recommend that you schedule all exams immediately after receiving the voucher no matter who you buy from (besides Prometric or Vue) and reschedule as needed. I purchased two vouchers at different times from GetCertify4Less.com and by the time I scheduled the exam, they were used by someone else. When I first received the vouchers, i called VUE and verified they were good. They took care of the problem in less than one day and sent new voucher numbers.

Have you scheduled the tests yet?
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Preplogic just asked for my SSN for a megaguide on sale. The only option it would let me select for a security question was mothers maiden name.
    I bought voucher like 2 days ago from voucher4you.com for the security+ and it worked fine. I scheduled on Prometric's website same day I received the e-mail. It also said in my voucher e-mail in big red letters to schedule within 24 hours of receiving the voucher code, here is the original message with the voucher code removed:
    Here is your ORDERED voucher/s:-

A FRIENDLY REMINDER. PLEASE READ IT FIRST!!

PLEASE SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIVING THIS VOUCHER. OUR E-VOUCHERS MUST BE SCHEDULED WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER WE DISPATCHED. IN CASE YOU DON'T SCHEDULE OUR RECOMMENDED DURATION AND YOU COULD NOT SCHEDULED LATER, YOU DO THAT AT YOUR OWN RISK BUDDY. WE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU OUT THERE.

You can always reschedule, change the test centers and date & time within the country until the expiry date.

The voucher sent has been double checked and taken screen-shot before sending you.

If you have any further queries, concerns and questions, please directly contact to sales@voucher4you.com. As always, our priority is your satisfaction. Once you are done using the voucher/s, please let other similar person who want to update their IT career certification to survive in the hard economic recession by providing us a feedback by Adding a testimonial . Your words keep much value to other people similar like you.

Regards,
    Sam
    Welcome to IT Exam Vouchers Online Shop!, WWW.VOUCHER4YOU.COM
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    Preplogic just asked for my SSN for a megaguide on sale. The only option it would let me select for a security question was mothers maiden name.

This is really odd. I have never experienced any of this when buying MegaGuides from PrepLogic icon_sad.gif
    This is really odd. I have never experienced any of this when buying MegaGuides from PrepLogic icon_sad.gif

Speaking of which, I need to buy mine still.