Practice Lab

titantektitantek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am preparing for the 70-291 and was wondering what you have found to be the best practice lab environment to setup.

thanks

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used VMWARE with 4 servers and 2 clients.

Sever01: Sever with RRAS installed and used NAT
    Sever02: DC and DNS
    Sever03: DC and DNS and WSUS
    Server04: Child DC with DNS
    Client01: Workstation
    Client02: Workstation on child domain

This was overkill, but I was bored and just kept adding to it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • titantektitantek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    vmware player or workstation?

thanks
    titantek wrote: »
    vmware player or workstation?

thanks

workstation 7. I got it for about $100. (writing on phone because power is out)
  • titantektitantek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »

cool, thanks
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »

To add some more detail to this. At the time (and possibly still) VMware had a 50% off for students. So I paid something like $113 with tax. Not a bad deal.
  • juansifujuansifu Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all, what kind of specs should I have on setup on a computer to run VMWare Workstation? I currently have a Shuttle XPC running on a quadcore proc and 4GB of memory and Windows 7 Pro. Can i use this computer to run a virutal lab?

thanks for the advise. :)
    juansifu wrote: »
    Hi all, what kind of specs should I have on setup on a computer to run VMWare Workstation? I currently have a Shuttle XPC running on a quadcore proc and 4GB of memory and Windows 7 Pro. Can i use this computer to run a virutal lab?

thanks for the advise. :)

That should work. Pretty much any computer will be able to get a couple VM's running.
  • juansifujuansifu Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great!!! Thanks for the reply.
    :)
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Virtualbox is your friend.
    +1 for VBox. It is capable of running multiple VM's at once for free, you can set up several networking scenarios for that same price (provided you can grok your way through vbox's networking terminology)...
    On the other hand though, I have never used VMWare Workstation only the Player, but those that use it may have a strong reason for choosing the Workstation that I am not aware of...