Passed Net+! on to the 70-270 - Study guide recomendation

3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
Ive just passed Network+ and am going for my MCSA so im starting with XP mcp, whats the best guides to go for? im getting the CBT nuggets to lay the foundations and get the understanding, what would go along side this for more indepth study?

Comments

• cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Congratz. I have just passed my 70-270 test. I would recommend sybex 2nd edition 70-270 book. The cbt nuggets have helped me very good. You get a good understanding about several chapters. I would recommend as practice exam : Transcender & Measure up.

It helped me very much
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would always go with Transcenders. They do tend to be a bit harder than the real thing but it's good practice. I always use CBT Nuggets to begin with as well and follow that up with a recommended book.
  • 12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RobsonGTO wrote:
    Ive just passed Network+ and am going for my MCSA so im starting with XP mcp, whats the best guides to go for? im getting the CBT nuggets to lay the foundations and get the understanding, what would go along side this for more indepth study?

I'm in the same boat as you. Recently, passed the Net+ exam and studying for MCP 70-270. Currently, I'm using the CBT Nuggets and plan on using Exam cram 2 and this site for other study references.

Originally, I started off reading the exam cram book, but soon diverted to the video to obtain an overall grasp of the concepts bf proceeding with the books. It best to start with video if you’re unfamiliar with administrating, GPO’s and policy related task in Win XP. So, you are on the right track
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Cheers guys, ill get right on to it, ill give myself about 6 weeks to study for it i think :D
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS.

Recommendations for 270

(technotes from here of course!)
    Sybex
    Exam cram
    CBT Nuggets
    Learnkey
    Ms Press
    Syngress

Good luck with the studies
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!