Passed

ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Just letting you all know I passed yesterday. Score was 855/900. Thanks for answering my questions. I'm thinking of doing CCNA next, then CCNA:Sec, then either LPIC-1 or Linux+, then CEH, etc.. I wish to pursue the systems/networking pen testing field of security. Do you all think this is the right order or should I do the linux certs then the networking certs and then the pen testing certs?

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    I would suggest taking your A+ and Network+ to become a well rounded professional and then capping it off with a CCNA or other large top level cert.

Congrats on your great score! On to the next cert!icon_cheers.gif
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do you all think this is the right order or should I do the linux certs then the networking certs and then the pen testing certs?

Yes on CCNA:S and definitnely learn linux if you want to get into pen testing. Also, check this out.

Oh yeah, and congrats on the pass. There seem to be a lot of people taking this test lately.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert! You got my exact same score (I took it in March)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and congrats on the pass. There seem to be a lot of people taking this test lately.

We all want to get it in before years end. I am more concerned over getting MCSE, but with a definite deadline on Security+ I'm allowing it to slip in. And since I'm getting it, I want to take the 298 for my elective, and then do the 299 for MSCS:S
    Decide what to be and go be it.