VPN labs

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
OK never asked for LABs befiore but it seems that there are a lot of different ways to set up VPN's on cisco routers.

site to site I get
then you have the remote VPN's.

Does any one know some good documentation that decribes the different tyes of remote and where you would use them. And CISCO's EASY VPN.. is this a CISCO only thing. or is it just CISCO name for VPN's that use dynamic policies? or am i missign something else special about them?

If any ones got some good introductions to the world of VPN I love to have a look.

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ok i can set up a VPN but on the production router I have it running NAT and the IOS zone based fire wall.

what do i need to change to get this working? how does the firewall police the traffic, I mean what zone/zones would the remote VPN client be part of ?

I assume to get the NAT working I just have to add it to the pool of address that can get natted?

Cheers
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.