CCIP done

Well...I retook bgp + mpls today and passed. After the fail at Cisco Live it felt pretty good. Like Mike said, they definately "make you work for it," but the exams are pretty fun at the same time. I think I will turn to IE studies now, and develop a plan in the next few days that I can hopefully stick with! Thanks all.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Good work man!!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well...I retook bgp + mpls today and passed.

CONGRATS!!! Persistence does pay off! Enjoy some time off to celebrate...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • wolverene13wolverene13 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job, man! I'm just starting the CCIP after completing my NP last Monday. How long did it take? Would you recommend doing the composite MPLS/BGP test or doing them seperately? Congrats!
    Currently Studying: CCIP - 642-611 - MPLS
    CCIP Progress: [x] BSCI
    [x] BGP
    [ ] MPLS
    [ ] QoS
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    great job man. I also took the composite exam for the CCIP. Did they update the IOS on the sims? When I did it 18 months ago it was using 12.1 so half of the commands I'd studied weren't even valid. That's what made it tougher than it needed to be.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!!!!
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Good job, man! I'm just starting the CCIP after completing my NP last Monday. How long did it take? Would you recommend doing the composite MPLS/BGP test or doing them seperately? Congrats!

Sorry for the delay..lets see, i finished the NP in Feb. and the IP back in August, so around 6 months total...and the majority of that was studying BGP and MPLS. I did the composite as well, and would definitely recommend it (although I took it twice). Good luck man, it is a fun cert to do, and it was alot of great information.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    great job man. I also took the composite exam for the CCIP. Did they update the IOS on the sims? When I did it 18 months ago it was using 12.1 so half of the commands I'd studied weren't even valid. That's what made it tougher than it needed to be.

I dont remember what IOS it was on...it was definitely older though. I remember taking the exam and thinking it was in need of a rewrite...:)