Sec+ down!

killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Holy crap that test was pretty hard icon_mad.gif!

I used Darril's book mainly and some old Sec+ cbts. I felt confident that's why I only took 10 days to study but holy &@#! the exam is so much harder than the practice exams on Darrils book. I seriously thought I was gonna fail but somehow I pulled through. Got an 845/900.

But no time to rest got an interview tomorrow for a networking job so gotta hit up the Cisco labs again. icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!!!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done! Let us know how the interview goes.
  • shecoolshecool Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Wow you did it in 10 days? That is awesome :)
    Up Next: CCDA, CCDP
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. What's up next? CCNA and CCNA:S would be a good pair.
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!

Well 10 days for someone who is unemployed is alot of hours lol. Darril's book was an excellent resource but the test would have been easier if I supplemented with a practice exam. The sec+ is not really that technical but more of an exam on security policies that you encounter on any job (especially with DoD) with some networking thrown in. And at the end of the day, it's just a Multiple Choice Question type of exam and you can still guess if you don't know the answer.

I'm not sure what my next cert would be. Security+ right after spending over 500 hours for the CCNP alone was really mentally/physically draining.

So for now it's P90X! who's with me?
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    killuah72 wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

So for now it's P90X! who's with me?

what is your goal for P90X?
    I did approx 50 days, before giving up
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    miller811 wrote: »
    what is your goal for P90X?
    I did approx 50 days, before giving up

Man at least you got that far, did you get any results? Our original goal was to do at least 2 rounds of P90x but my wife and I stopped after phase 1 due to shift changes and families visiting. It's been almost 2 months since we last used it but it's really hard to get back on it. I was close to losing my belly fat but now it's back again lol. I'm pretty skinny but boy what alcohol can do to your stomach. We'll just suck it up and start tomorrow with yoga x then maybe start right at phase 2 on Monday instead of starting all over.
  • redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    Congrats!!! That's a good score.

Good luck with your interview.
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Holy crap that test was pretty hard icon_mad.gif!

I used Darril's book mainly and some old Sec+ cbts. I felt confident that's why I only took 10 days to study but holy &@#! the exam is so much harder than the practice exams on Darrils book. I seriously thought I was gonna fail but somehow I pulled through. Got an 845/900.

But no time to rest got an interview tomorrow for a networking job so gotta hit up the Cisco labs again. icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Welcome to CompTIA test taking. You think you're going to fail and end up doing much better than you think you did at the end.
  • botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratz. Good luck on your interview.
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • beatblambeatblam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...
    Guys I am back at it again after talking a longer break...after failing my first attempt of this exam....I am at it again....this time around serious minded...please any other materials will be highly welcome...I want to nail it this time around guys,
    and if some one knows the formula for calculating Availability time please share me...I met some kind of this question in my last exam...and I think they take a good marks...so want to work this formula out...and know how to solve this arithmetic thing...
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Man at least you got that far, did you get any results? Our original goal was to do at least 2 rounds of P90x but my wife and I stopped after phase 1 due to shift changes and families visiting. It's been almost 2 months since we last used it but it's really hard to get back on it. I was close to losing my belly fat but now it's back again lol. I'm pretty skinny but boy what alcohol can do to your stomach. We'll just suck it up and start tomorrow with yoga x then maybe start right at phase 2 on Monday instead of starting all over.

I did not lose weight while doing it, toned up, and felt great but was building more muscle mass than fat loss, ultimately gave up because I wanted the weight loss more.icon_sad.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • triotrio Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done,congrats :)
  • CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□

Well 10 days for someone who is unemployed is alot of hours lol

I'm hear you man.. lol all I do is study all day figure gotta be productive ya kno? I flew through the network+ in a couple weeks. I just watched the cbtnugget videos and read stuff online, but didn't use a book. However, my score of 802 shows exactly that..

Gonna start the security+ now. I plan on purchasing a book this time and use it as my primary source, and a series of videos as my second source. Gonna purchase Darril Gibson's book, which appears to be a home run lol, as I've seen nooothing, but praise.

I'm sure your said 500 hrs of ccnp training taught you some basic security protocols/algorithms though? probably gave you a slight boost, but 10 days is mighty impressive nonetheless! late Congrats to you!
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the sec+ and good luck with your interview
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE