Options

Multiple domains in 1 job

apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello all,

Im working on putting together my resume for my CISSP endorser and I had a question about domains.

I have worked several positions where I was the only IT person so I did it all, network security, operation security, BCP/DRP, physical security and infromation security.

I feel like listing all of these would throw up read flags that might get me audited and also I dont even know if it would be allowed... The way the endorsement reads, it sounds kinda like it should be 1 job 1 domain?

Thoughts?

-APR911
Currently Working On: Openstack
2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP

Comments

• Options
    gladiatorkevgladiatorkev Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its definitely not 1 job 1 domain..

It is very much possible that you could have worked on multiple domains in one job.

Simply being a network / security admin , you could have worked on Telecommunication, encryption, Network Access control, etc.

I would suggest just pen down whatever is your actual experience in your resume.. 1 job or multiple..Even if you do get audited and you have enough proof. it wont matter.

Hope it helps.
    :)
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    My history sounds similar and I had no problems. What I did was list the company + position + the domains covered and then the role itself. It was fairly comprehensive but I figured it wouldnt hurt to have as much info as possiable in there.

I didnt have anyone to endorse me so went via the ISC2 route without any problems
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    apr911 wrote: »
    I feel like listing all of these would throw up read flags that might get me audited and also I dont even know if it would be allowed...
    Have you already passed the CISSP exam? If so, what did you list on the candidate application form as the CISSP domains covered by your work experience? Those are the ones that you will use for your endorsement form as well.
    apr911 wrote: »
    The way the endorsement reads, it sounds kinda like it should be 1 job 1 domain?
    Nope, you can work all 10 domains at the same job, but you'd need a resume with 20+ years of work experience, and a long-time college as your endorser, to prove it.
  • Options
    apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool guys, thanks for the feedback.

I sent my resume over to my endorser and he came back and said he doesnt see any problems or reason not to sign off pending confirmation with my point-of-contact for each position.

Cheers,
    APR911
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP