Esca

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone is working on it?

What's good materials....?
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Im considering a 10 day course offered by Intense School, combining CEH/ECSA and a few others. EC-Council study materials are huge, I don't know how anyone could possibly read through all the materials for one exam. They do now have the EC-Council Press books, which you should be able to get from your local bookstore, and Career Academy is the only provider of CBT that I am aware of. Links below.

Penetration Testing Training - 10 Day Boot Camp | Intense School

Amazon.com: EC-Council: Books

ECSA/LPT Training CBT Boot Camp: EC-Council Certified Security Analyst / Licensed Penetration Tester - CA-ECSALPT
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    <notaflame>

Do you think it will be worth it? 5 certs in 10 days seems very very difficult, plus do you think you will be able to retain all of that information realistically?

</notaflame>
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    <notaflame>

Do you think it will be worth it? 5 certs in 10 days seems very very difficult, plus do you think you will be able to retain all of that information realistically?

</notaflame>

I would have to agree. There is no way you can garner the knowledge of all those certifications in ten days. C|EH alone is a mountain of information from what I have been told.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wonder what the pass rate is for those candidates lol.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    i cannot pass 5 video games in 10 days , let alone go back later next month and remember how i passed a certain boss or puzzle in the level. Just to much information even at my highest interest/motivation/simplicity using the concept of video games. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The purpose of certification boot camps is not to retain knowledge, but to pass cert exams using cramming techniques. Anyone who wishes to retain anything new they learn in a boot camp should be able to take detailed notes very quickly and have an amazing amount of mental stamina.
    with respect to JD, I have to disagree on this one.

As to whether I could retain the information, I would say yes, I believe I can retain the knowledge because I have had to do so for the last 6 months, going through job training with courses like server 2008 and A+ driven down into a week or less. Two weeks for Security+, with cert(and I can verify that the school did NOT teach the exam). CCNA 1 and 2 in 10 days each. Not my preferred way of learning, and I know half these students will forget it when they leave the school, but I am not one of those half.

As far as cert prep, according to the provider, the majority of the class is hands on, supposedly 70%. Training is from 8am to 10:30pm every day. Course runs from 8am to 5pm daily with optional ethical capture the flag (CTF) hacking exercises to 10:30pm.

Pass rates for ground classes is reportedly in the high 90 percentile. They are an EC-Council "gold partner and were the first ATC in North America, and in 2009 were awarded the ATC of the Year designation.

I have never sat in on an IS course, but I have heard highly of them. this user here passed with a 90% after attending IS: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ec-council-ceh-chfi/21213-passed-today.html

As for the length of time, It is much better than some providers. For the record, there are only 3 certs included (CEH, CPT, CEPT), but apparently you can add the rest (ECSA,LPT). I have seen similar courses for CEH from 3 days to 5 days. I don't know the breakdown in this one, but again, my main reason for attending training is to get in an isolated environment where I can ask questions and get hands on experience and training. FOR ME, certification is secondary.

I would also like to note that the CPT and CEPT exams are practical hacking certs(reportedly), and the CEPT includes exploit writing. I am looking forward to getting the opportunity to learn ethical hacking, for real, nit just learning the names of some outdated tools. I have heard decent things about the updated CEH exam, so I hope to have a good review, if and when I take this course.

Certification drives my thirst for knowledge, it is the beginning, not the end.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm going to give you rep for your response. I think that if you can function in that element, then you are golden. Most people don't do well with cramming sessions, if that's your think then you are a different breed.

So are you headed for this place? I read in your other thread that intense school isn't approved for the GI bill.
    Its a toss up. I'm in the middle of PCS'ing, and I don't want to leave the states empty handed, getting training out there for anything will be difficult, so I want to get something before I leave.

Finacialy, I am about halfway to the 7 grand required for the 10 day. I am exploring other options as well as eliminating the CEH from the program and just doing CPT and CEPT, but without the CEH knowledge, who knows if I would have the requisite knowledge.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even I misspell and with typo error, you guy still know what I'm talking about. Amazing....

Anyway, I saw 4 books from EC-Council Press at Amazon? Worth or not? I didn't see it from their website.

Amazon.com: ECSA: Books

Comment.

Thanks
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn