Difficulty

jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
I am deliberating whether I should take this exam , ms security exam or do messenging as my specialty for msca/msce. I havent took any Comptia exam so I dont know the format and level of difficulty.

Anyone care to share their experiences?
What next?

Comments

• awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    a breeze compared with mcps...but one of the difficult ones in terms of the exam which comptia set. Security+ just gives you a overview of security techniques without getting too much into detail !

MCQs with majority one word answers.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally I found this exam very difficult because the questions and answers are poorly written. I also found many factual errors (that I understand have been corrected) and found that many of the answers were based on opinion (or best guess/fit) rather than fact and having 1 correct answer. MCP exams I find to be fairly easy if you are able to follow the Microsoft way of thinking.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I found the security+ exam quite simple. But it depends on what areas you are interested in I guess. I used transcenders for practice questions.

Just make sure you go over the objectives and read the questions carefully and you'll be fine. I personally did'nt have any strange questions but have heard that some people did.

GOOD LUCK

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/

icon_cool.gif
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    The people that I know that had problems with the exam, had quite a bit of experience with security. They tried to over-think the exam. It is an entry level exam.....and you have to remember that.

As for comparing it to the MCP exams, I felt that it was harder than most of them...except for maybe 214.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • schwarztraderschwarztrader Inactive Imported Users Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is very good information as I have thought about obtaining this certification just so I can have annother security cert behind my name. I too was wondering how this cert would compare to the +Security for the MCSE that I already have. Maybe I'll get it down the line sometime.