CBT NUGGETS

TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
I have the CBT nuggets video course for C.I.S.S.P. How difficult is this exam compared to say microsoft exams? I am thinking of looking into this certfication. I have been looking over it and it looks very similiar to Security+ which I have passed already?

Could someone shed some light on this for me please.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/

:D
If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!

Comments

• Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I started looking at the CBT nuggets for this exam. They seem to be pretty good so far. But it has about 88 sections each averaging 30 minutes a piece. That should give you some sort of idea on the amount of stuff you will cover on this exam.

This could be just me...but I found the Security+ exam to be "MUCH" easier than the CISSP exam. The security+ covers 5 domains and the CISSP covers 10. And each of them are in more detail than the 5 for security +. Don't get me wrong....the security+ will help get you started, but there will be a whole lot more to do before you sit the exam.

Even though the test is 250 questions and you get 6 hours to take the exam....the hard part is probably qualifying to take the exam....and then keeping the cert after you get it. (well that...and the 500.00 price tag)

In order to qualify, you have to have a 4 year degree and 3 years information security experience...or no degree and 4 years experience. To keep it, you have to get so many "continuing education" type points each year....plus a maintenance fee, or you get to take the exam again in a few years.

If you are looking for a logical progression from the Security+ to the CISSP, you can also look at the SSCP. It takes one year experience to qualify. It is not as hard or as long as the CISSP, but harder than the Security+. Just a thought.

If you are going to take the CISSP, spend lots of time on CCCURE.org.

Oh yah..your other question....This exam is not even close to being on the same playing field as Mircosoft exams...I would rather do the entire MCSE track again than sit through the CISSP again. (well, at least the core exams) icon_wink.gif
    Hope this helps...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Thank you. Could you tell me where I can get some more information on the SSCP certfication?any recommended websites?

If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
    GBAGIRL2 wrote:
    Thank you. Could you tell me where I can get some more information on the SSCP certfication?any recommended websites?

For websites, check out www.isc2.org and cccure.org for material and online quizzes. For books, I used Orielly study guide and SRV practice questions.

Hope this helps...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • jdreddjdredd Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am studying for the CISSP right now because it seems like there are a lot of jobs in Canada that want you to have that. I'm not in a big rush - kind of aiming for September.

I passed Security+. I am now studying the "Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP Exam" ( 900 pages - real big) and am planning on getting Shon Harris's edition 3 if I ever get through this book. It seems to be a lot more detailed than Security+ -- even talks about some of the weird very detailed questions in Sec+ that seemed to come from nowhere. Seems like the same misleading practice questions though.

This is THE website: http://www.cccure.org
    by the time you take your exam, make sure you understand "Every" question on that site. It was one of the best resources that I used.
    Kenny