Receive College Credit for 21 Certifications/Exams in the US - Born to Learn

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Receive College Credit for 21 Certifications/Exams in the US - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn
Hello Born to Learners,

After a deep dive into Microsoft Learning certification, the American Council on Education College Recommendation Reviewers (ACE), has recommended 21 Microsoft exams/certifications for college credit!
By connecting Microsoft Certification with college credit, it helps us bridge the gap to merging workforce training with higher education. Now, when you pass one of the 21 recommended Microsoft certifications/exams, you are able to receive college credit! In addition, if you have taken the exams within the last 3 years you can also get credit through the ACE transcript service. By receiving a college equivalency recommendation, this also makes Microsoft certifications eligible for Corporate Tuition Assistance! This means that if your company offers Corporate Tuition Assistance as a benefit and you would like to take a Microsoft Certification, 21 are now eligible for Corporate Tuition Assistance Funding. Please keep in mind that each company has differing policies, so please connect with your Human Resources department for more information.

To learn more about the certifications and exams recommended for college credit, please visit the ACE National Guide for a description of Microsoft Learning, details on each certifications/exams, and next steps for receiving credit.

Comments

• Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boo Yah!!! This is awesome news for me as I was already just 15 credits shy of an Associates degree (it was in a different field, but I always assumed at worst that most of my credits would transfer over and I'd just have to take two full-time semesters) but with this news... I might not be that far away from getting an Associate's in Computer Science or Networking (still haven't made up my mind).

Awesome awesome news...

I just looked over the list and even though I'm still excited (because I've got at least a guaranteed 3 credit hours with the MCITP: SA on the way) I'm a bit disappointed that the MCDST didn't get included for the list and neither did the MCTS: Windows 7 Configuration. Now I could live with the Windows 7 Config being left out only if they had left out the Vista Config, but that one is on the list... does this make any sense at all? Not really... Not sure who decided on that, but that's a big let down. Other than that, I already planned on working towards my EA next year (since I'd only be two exams away from it anyways) so I think I could get 7 hours out of it at least... but yeah, just figured I'd point out my disappointment.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm a bit disappointed that the MCDST didn't get included for the list and neither did the MCTS: Windows 7 Configuration. Now I could live with the Windows 7 Config being left out only if they had left out the Vista Config, but that one is on the list... does this make any sense at all? Not really... Not sure who decided on that, but that's a big let down. Other than that, I already planned on working towards my EA next year (since I'd only be two exams away from it anyways) so I think I could get 7 hours out of it at least... but yeah, just figured I'd point out my disappointment.

Depends on when they dived into the list, WIN 7 may not have been active yet. These types of announcements always take time to solidify. As far as MCDST, Vista replaced XP some time ago with a single upgrade exam (70-621) to MCITP:EST That automatically gives you credit for 70-620 Vista configuration which as you point out is on the list.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    How dare they include Server Virtualization R2 and not the original exam. WTF?

I have EA and EDA7. I wonder if WGU will knock off a couple more classes for my EDA7 LOL
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I have EA and EDA7. I wonder if WGU will knock off a couple more classes for my EDA7 LOL

Tsk, Tsk, You and I both know that we have to tolerate the boring GenEds. It's just a part of being a college student icon_wink.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How dare they include Server Virtualization R2 and not the original exam. WTF?

What are you trying to do, graduate before me? Don't yoiu only have gened stuff left anyway?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    What are you trying to do, graduate before me? Don't you only have gened stuff left anyway?

You know Hyper, he just likes attention icon_lol.gif
    I only have like 12 classes left. Most of which probably arent very hard. I just would like to get it over with ;)
    So I'll probably see you at graduation..lol
    Actually we'll probably just receive our diplomas the same day via snail mail.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    So I'll probably see you at graduation..lol
    Actually we'll probably just receive our diplomas the same day via snail mail.

I've considered going for the graduation. I would probably only go if I could convince some of you TE members to come ;)
    I've considered going for the graduation. I would probably only go if I could convince some of you TE members to come ;)
    I've thought about it. They actually have some good hotel (discount) packages available if you want to travel out there for graduation. If you've watched one of the videos of graduation ceremonies they actually have quite a few attendees.
    Oh wow i didnt know they actually had graduations. I'm sure i wont go unless there happens to be something else in SLC i want to do at the same time.
    Oh wow I didn't know they actually had graduations.

Yes, and there speakers are usually big names.

July 2010 Commencement | Western Governors University Graduation Live Video