Passed BCMSN

yebo2010yebo2010 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just passed BCMSN yesterday, Now I have {BSCI, BCMSN} in my collection.

Will be doing TSHOOT in the next few months. Now my question to those who have done BCMSN,BSCI,TSHOOT combination, did you have to study the new ROUTE and SWITCH books to prepare for TSHOOT or the TSHOOT material is enough. I know the TSHOOT is based on the new format of ROUTE and SWITCH that is why I am asking.

Comments

• Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I didn't look through any of the new route or switch material and I passed the TSHOOT exam. I would only suggest reading through the first few chapters of the TSHOOT exam certification guide, then go and take this while the BCMSN and BSCI material is fresh in your head.

Check out Bill Scott's webpage with advice for TSHOOT exam preparation at http://wsblogspot.weebly.com

Good luck
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I took the BSCI, BCMSN, and TSHOOT route but I didn't study any SWITCH or ROUTE materials. I think the TSHOOT book might help a bit. It could be the difference between a pass and a fail so you should go for it. And good luck!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on your next test!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass... good luck on your TSHOOT exam.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Good luck on TSHOOT! I didn't look at any of the new stuff either just reviewed BSCI + BCMSN.
  • ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations!
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • yebo2010yebo2010 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, its interesting to hear your experiences. I think you are right guys, I was wondering myself as to what Troubleshooting they will teach apart from that I learn in my everyday work! Will look at the TSHOOT book though so that I am in line with the materials.
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Congrats. I'm doing the exact same thing as you basically, but i take the BCMSN on thursday. I was kinda putting it off for a bit till i realized just how soon they retire it, so i scheduled it for the last day i could. After that, its just the TSHOOT.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

And good luck to Heero
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats!
    CCNP :study: