Plz Help !!!

sKGPsKGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
well first of all i would like to say "HI" to evry1 .... just got in here ...
well coming to main part ......here goes ....
i just finished my under graduation course just don want to get into programming jobs of java , .net etc etc . so i have decided to pursue my career and future in networking field . i have no basic idea to be frank!! . i have decided to take up CCNA and get a job and move in life doing the other courses CCNP , CCIE so on as i move forward in life .
so first of all i would like to know like do i hav know some basic in hardware to start with CCNA . gone thru ur site forums got a lot of info about CCNA books and stuffs .... EAgerly waitin for ur replies !!! :)

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    sKGP wrote: »
    well first of all i would like to say "HI" to evry1 .... just got in here ...
    well coming to main part ......here goes ....
    i just finished my under graduation course just don want to get into programming jobs of java , .net etc etc . so i have decided to pursue my career and future in networking field . i have no basic idea to be frank!! . i have decided to take up CCNA and get a job and move in life doing the other courses CCNP , CCIE so on as i move forward in life .
    so first of all i would like to know like do i hav know some basic in hardware to start with CCNA . gone thru ur site forums got a lot of info about CCNA books and stuffs .... EAgerly waitin for ur replies !!! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Ok, for starters I suggest that you read the FAQ's if you haven't
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/6434-ccna-faq-please-read-before-posting.html

After you that you need to decided on the 1 test or the 2 test route. Most people will say do the 2 test route if you have no experience. I personally did the 1 test route. If you do the 2 test route, you get the CCENT and the CCNA. If you do the 1 test route, you only get the CCNA.

Review the objectives for the exams
    2 test route:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/icnd1?view=overview

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/icnd2?view=overview

1 test route:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/ccna_exam?view=overview

So let's see you have decided. Now you need to pick you books. The Wendell books are good. I like the Todd Lammle guides as well. I used the Todd Lammle guides as my main material.

Todd:
    Amazon.com: CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802 (9780470110089):…

Wendell:
    Amazon.com: CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam 640-802), Third Edition (Containing ICND1 and ICND2 Second…

Well that's all great. Now you need something to practice on. I suggest getting yourself a cheap cisco lab. Look at the various lab possibilities on this board or you can look at Wendell's suggestions as well.

CCNA Lab Main Post Summary | NetworkWorld.com Community

After all of that and you've studied you might want to pick up some CBTs or practice test. I am not going to list all of the possibilities but I think transcender and CBT nuggets are a winning combo. Take a look at some other threads if you want more info. You can also feel free to ask questions here.

HTH,

knw-
  • chXchX Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forums!

I think knwminus has provided enough information to get you started.
    so first of all i would like to know like do i hav know some basic in hardware to start with CCNA .

You'll learn the differences in hardware during the CCNA studies, ie the difference between a hub, a router, a switch, and so on. You'll learn about cabling, media types - all sorts of things. If you already know that then it's definitely a bonus leading into the material.

I'm personally using CBTNuggets and the Chris Bryant material to study (while also referring back to some of Todd Lammle's stuff).

Good luck. :D
    2019 Goals:
    [ ] Recertify CCNA
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    well first of all i would like to say "HI" to evry1 .... just got in here ... gone thru ur site forums got a lot of info about CCNA books and stuffs .... EAgerly waitin for ur replies !!! :)

This is a forum, not a chat room. Please write your sentences out completely. It really doesn't take that much effort to spell words correctly. Thank you.

And to answer your question, knwminus provided you with more than enough to get started. Best of luck.
  • sKGPsKGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well thanx knwminus , chx and phoeneous for ur replies . Well may i know wat's the point of getting a CCENT then a CCNA . coz i'm planning for a direct CCNA . secondly do i have to get some hardware for personal use while doing CCNA coz i'm planning to join a institution for CCNA course which s working cheap !!
    Thirdly how s the job scenario after getting a CCNA .
    -SiD
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well thanx knwminus , chx and phoeneous for ur replies . Well may i know wat's the point of getting a CCENT then a CCNA . coz i'm planning for a direct CCNA . secondly do i have to get some hardware for personal use while doing CCNA coz i'm planning to join a institution for CCNA course which s working cheap !!
    -SiD

I don't think you read what I wrote earlier.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    -SiD

I took the two exam route so I wouldn't have to have such a broad knowledge of little details going into the exam. The 2 test route literally cuts the knowledge needed in half per test. It makes it much easier to study for if you are new to the field.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    i just finished my under graduation course just don want to get into programming jobs of java , .net etc etc . so i have decided to pursue my career and future in networking field . i have no basic idea to be frank!!

Let me add another welcome.

I can understand not wanting to get into programming. Uni killed my love of that as well but why have you chosen networking if you know nothing about it ?

If you were studying some kind of programming, I'm guessing you studied some form of network theory as well. If so, that will put you in very good stead for the CCNA.
    Kam.
  • sKGPsKGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually i did my gradution in electrical engineering was not interested in core profile jobs . And getting into IT sector job was not my bread and butter . so decided to take up networking . well i wanted to know how is the job oppurtunities after doing CCNA because i'm planning to get other certifications after landing into a job and after being financially stable
    - S1D
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Actually i did my gradution in electrical engineering was not interested in core profile jobs . And getting into IT sector job was not my bread and butter . so decided to take up networking . well i wanted to know how is the job oppurtunities after doing CCNA because i'm planning to get other certifications after landing into a job and after being financially stable
    - S1D

Jobs will depend on your location. From what I have seen, getting a CCNA will not just hand you a job, but it will certainly open up more chances than without the CCNA.

It is all about making yourself able to get a job, and putting yourself in situations where you have potential to get the job. Then repeat it for dozens of jobs, and eventually one will pay attention to you. It can really be a luck thing sometimes, especially if you have no experience.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.