XP firewall settings

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
If a user had a FTP running on his pc and his pc was part of a network... and he also had Win xp ICF enabled without selecting FTP in the advanced settings. Would users be unable to acess via FTP until he enabled it on the ICF? for ftp access?

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I don't think so. I'm going to try that myself with my lab, see what happens......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    If the FTP program is not in the Programs / ports box on the exceptions tab, in the advanced settings.....it will not be allowed.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    If the FTP program is not in the Programs / ports box on the exceptions tab, in the advanced settings.....it will not be allowed.

Thank you both, just wated to make sure I wasn't missing something and had the right Idea..... icon_lol.gif
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Just have to remember once ICF is enabled you need to allow traffic to pass through eventhough its being permitted on the router if used...or else not even internal users will be able to get to FTP site hosted locally.
    What next?