Good morning

KurganKurgan Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

New to TechExams, this place seems pretty cool. I'm starting to study for my Security+ Exam. I am thinking approximately 1 month before i take the exam. I've been a system admin for over ten years so I hope my experience will help me too. Im hoping to start the server+ and then the CCENT afterwards (in that order). But baby steps first...security+ here I come. Any recommendations on free websites with questions would be most helpful. I know a few but I think they are kind of outdated. (I dont want to list them, dont want you guys to think i'm a *****).

~The Kurgan

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE!
    As far as free there aren't very many. The CompTIA website has a free practice test and the practice tests here are pretty good (questions more difficult than actual test)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    The CompTIA website has a free practice test and the practice tests here are pretty good (questions more difficult than actual test)

The drawback is that it doesn't give the answers as well, or even which questions you got wrong. So there is no real way to use it as a learning tool, just a way to check if you are ready.
    Decide what to be and go be it.