Options

The boson test sim does not make any sense! Or am I just really tired?

jacksparrowbizjacksparrowbiz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
The question:
A network engineer has just been hired to work on a small internetwork. The manager gives the new engineer the password to log into switch SW2, telling the new engineer to try to start building a diagram of the network. Based on the command output in the exhibit, which of the following would be accurate items to add to the network diagram?
A picture of three devices:
|Device X| ---- |SW2| --- |Device Y|
A printout of "show cdp neighbour detail"
Possible answers:
A. Label both links as full duplex.
B. If drawing “SW1” where “Device X” sits, label SW2’s left-side interface as Gi0/2.
C. If drawing “R1” where “Device Y” sits, label R1’s left-side interface as Fa0/13.
D. Label R1 as using 10.1.1.1 on its connected interface.
E. If drawing “SW1” where “Device X” sits, label SW2’s left-side interface as Gi0/1.
WTF? Correct answers should be A, B, D - but I don't even understand the question! Does this make sense to anyone else? Am I just really tired?

Edit: Is their English just really, really bad? If so, I need another test simulator.

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Based on the information given in your question, A couldn't be correct, as we aren't given enough information on what Device X and Device Y are. Perhaps they're hubs, in which case neither link will be full duplex. (see note below however)

I think this question is testing you on knowing cdp. If
    A printout of "show cdp neighbour detail"
    actually showed something like
    Device ID: S2
    Entry address(es):
    IP address: 192.168.1.51
    Platform: cisco WS-C2950-12, Capabilities: Switch IGMP
    Interface: Ethernet0/0, Port ID (outgoing port): FastEthernet0/1
    Holdtime : 168 sec
    (etc)
    Then it's testing you on being able to assemble a network diagram just by cdp: is e0/0 a port on S2 or a port on the device running the show cdp neighbors command? Is the IP address the local port or remote port?

EDIT:
    OK, a google search found me the question and yeah, this is strictly being able to interpret the output of show cdp commands.

A is correct as the two devices show cdp neighbors lists are a router and switch. Both will support full duplex links between SW2 and themselves.

B is correct because part of the output is
    Device ID: SW1
    Interface: GigabitEthernet0/2, Port ID (outgoing port): GigabitEthernet0/1
    This shows SW2's port is gi0/1, connecting to SW1's gi0/2 port, so on your diagram if you were to mark Device X as SW1, you'd also mark the connecting ports as such.

D is correct because part of the output includes
    Device ID: R1
    Entray address(es):
    IP address: 10.1.1.1
    Interface: FastEthernet0/13, Port ID (outgoing port): FastEthernet0/1
    Which shows SW2's FA0/1 is connected to R1's FA0/13 port, which is assigned ip address 10.1.1.1.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I remember that question. I got it right when I answered it. I think you are just tired, man.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thehourman wrote: »
    I remember that question. I got it right when I answered it. I think you are just tired, man.

Agreed, I remember it also. Get some sleep, sleep is your friend. :)
  • Options
    jacksparrowbizjacksparrowbiz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. It's been a long day.. icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. It's been a long day.. icon_redface.gif

Been there bud. Funny thing is.. in a day or so when your head is clear, that question will make complete sence. It is possible to over study, gotta know when to take a break. :)