Passed Security+ SY0-201 Today

skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed with a score of 805 on a scale of 100 to 900. 750 was the passing score. It's like any other CompTIA exam. It is a really weird test. Studying does help, but you're going to be guessing on half of them.

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    skwira001 wrote: »
    Studying does help

I would hope so :p

Congrats on the pass. What is next on your list?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...Studying does help...

Congrats on the pass!

What did you use for your exam preparation?
    Lab on!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Whats next for you? icon_thumright.gif
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Studying does help

Quote of the day!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!

Yea I've been studying for my first certification, the Network+. I've been around networking for awhile though (had a job in it while in the Air Force '04-'0icon_cool.gif, so just brushing up.

I've done the practice exams on this site and on CompTia's site. However, the comptia practice test only had 30 questions. I felt really good about the material before I did their practice test lol. There were a couple questions involving the 'nbtstat' and 'netstat' command that I wasn't really sure about. Also, a situational question involving firewalls that I was unsure about.

I re-studied those areas though just to make sure and feel good about it. I ordered the voucher so will schedule the test tomorrow. Can't wait!
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!

Congratulations on your pass!

Yea I've been studying for my first certification, the Network+. I've been around networking for awhile though (had a job in it while in the Air Force '04-'0icon_cool.gif, so just brushing up.

I've done the practice exams on this site and on CompTia's site. However, the comptia practice test only had 30 questions. I felt really good about the material before I did their practice test lol. There were a couple questions involving the 'nbtstat' and 'netstat' command that I wasn't really sure about. Also, a situational question involving firewalls that I was unsure about.

I re-studied those areas though just to make sure and feel good about it. I ordered the voucher so will schedule the test tomorrow. Can't wait!
    I'd recommend you getting Transcender or something. Good luck on your upcoming exam!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used CBT Nuggets and Testout. I went through each of them once. When I got to testing on each domain, I failed (less than 80%) the cryptography domain. I went and watched all 3 videos for cryptography in CBT Nuggets the night before I took the exam.

I also had experience studying certain aspects of security in A+, Network+, and the CCNP ISCW exam. There was quite a bit of overlap.