The Dice Social Network

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Dice is now offering a new social networking feature to their site:

Introducing the Dice Talent Network

They are trying to combine twitter-style networking, IM chats, linked in, combined with their job search engine to get people better job matches and communicate more with companies (instead of just submitting your resume and waiting around endlessly).

Comments

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I checked out the forums on Dice and it was full of angry trolls. Hopefully this is better.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I checked out the forums on Dice and it was full of angry trolls. Hopefully this is better.

That's all I've heard about it as well. I don't need to be better connected with them icon_lol.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□

I have enough angry trolls in my life. Don't need any more..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    That's all I've heard about it as well. I don't need to be better connected with them icon_lol.gif

Don't get me wrong...I want to remain as unplugged as humanly possible, I just know some people who are looking for jobs may not mind the trolls if leads them to a job icon_wink.gif
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What are they so angry about? They spent $60,000 on a degree and they didn't get the high paying job they are so entitled to?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    blargoe wrote: »
    What are they so angry about? They spent $60,000 on a degree and they didn't get the high paying job they are so entitled to?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif:D
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Whatever you do, please don't lead the Trolls back here! :)
    The DICE forums last I checked was full of complaining and people saying "get out of IT the Indians got all the good jobs".
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel i'm already part of the dice social network with the 100 emails they send me a mth.
    Speaking of spam. Careerbuilder is the king of spam. You delete your account and you still get spam. You have to enable your account to turn off the spam and it refreshes your account bam more spam.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    GAngel wrote: »
    I feel i'm already part of the dice social network with the 100 emails they send me a mth.

HAHAHA +1 icon_thumright.gif
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Speaking of spam. Careerbuilder is the king of spam. You delete your account and you still get spam. You have to enable your account to turn off the spam and it refreshes your account bam more spam.

That is the truth.

On the other hand, I'm amazed by the number of recruiters that call me because I placed resume on CareerBuilder icon_scratch.gif I never search for work on CareerBuilder, so I guess I don't think about the fact recruiters might use it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just had a phone interview I got through careerbuilder.com for desktop and cable technician. Apparently it's gonna involve doing cabling work too so if they offer it I may take it just to get the experience.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Doing Cabling Pays decent enough $18-$20 an hour usually. It's pretty fun two and you will learn about how to use all the manly tools hehe. Examples of tools I used during my stint as a cable tech a couple years ago. Pipe bender, Conduit boxes, Power drills, Metal FIle, Ladders, Grinder oh and lots of time in the ceiling. The install jobs I did required alot of creativity for example your boss will say hey I need these wires ran from point A to Point B. Usually thats all you get so you have to make it work hope your strong enough to bust through Sheet metal and concrete when required and agile enough to ninja your way around Attics and Celing planks. Hehe. And yeah DICE is pure Spam I use career builder much better and you really dont even have to apply recuiters will find you.