Moving on...

iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
Took a second stab at BCMSN, again with no luck. It was actually about 2 weeks ago--I just haven't felt like seeing anything related to CCNP to be honest, including this site. Again, I was hit with what feels like a plethora of questions that I wasn't prepared for.

I felt like I did great on the labs, much better than the first attempt. I managed my time well and finished the test with a few minutes to go.

It was indeed shocking to see that after a couple weeks of reviewing the material, not only did I not pass, I actually did WORSE (only by a little bit, but still) than my first attempt. So I apparently un-learned some of the content during my fairly intense 2 week review. Not very encouraging.

Pretty quickly, I came to the conclusion that this book alone--BCMSN Official Exam Certification Guide--just isn't going to get me (personally - it might work for some, just not me) to the passing level before the deadline, so I decided to move on to the new SWITCH exam. Hopefully with what I already know of BCMSN topics, there should be minimal amounts of catching up to do before I can get this test out of the way.

I'm trying not to look at this as starting over. Missing BCMSN by only 38 points has to count for something on SWITCH.
CCNP Progress
ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]

Comments

• burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Well SWITCH is almost exactly like the BCMSN so you're really not losing anything. Also, I didn't know you were using the cert guide, always ALWAYS use the self-study, or now with the new tests the foundation (amirite?) books. The cert guides are just not enough information when you're coming in fresh.

Grab the foundation guide, review for a few weeks and nail the SWITCH. You'll feel great afterwards. Also, since the TSHOOT is just the ROUTE and SWITCH combined you only have to review before taking the test.

You're almost there, don't give up.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    always ALWAYS use the self-study, or now with the new tests the foundation (amirite?) books. The cert guides are just not enough information when you're coming in fresh.

bingo. this pretty much sums it up.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Thanks guys. I ordered the "Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide" when I decided to move on to SWITCH. After having it a week or so, I finally cracked it open yesterday. It's good to know that the vast majority of what I know of BCMSN won't be wasted.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]