Prometric or Vue

BobbyZ_UKBobbyZ_UK Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there any difference between these?

As someone working towards MCSA, followed hopefully by Cisco certs, does it make any difference which one I register with for the A+ certs??

Cheers

Comments

• BobbyZ_UKBobbyZ_UK Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

Prometric it is then!!
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i booked my a+ through prometric and did my exams in lush test centres. free coffee or water, magazines in the waiting area, blah blah. they were also the kind of places to go if you had a few grand burning a whole in your pocket (or your employer's pocket) if you wanted non-residential i.t. training on certified and non-certified courses.

i did my network+ through vue and it was a room off a computer component wholesalers, with no waiting area, nevermind magazines, and no coffee or water. i used them as i found that you could get vouchers for comptia exams in europe if you used vue centres.

pricing will dictate who i book my microsoft exams through. at the end of the day, if i can get the exams cheaper and know my stuff well enough to pass, it makes little odds if i can get a coffee beforehand or not ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bellboy wrote:
    i booked my a+ through prometric and did my exams in lush test centres. free coffee or water, magazines in the waiting area, blah blah. they were also the kind of places to go if you had a few grand burning a whole in your pocket (or your employer's pocket) if you wanted non-residential i.t. training on certified and non-certified courses.

i did my network+ through vue and it was a room off a computer component wholesalers, with no waiting area, nevermind magazines, and no coffee or water. i used them as i found that you could get vouchers for comptia exams in europe if you used vue centres.

pricing will dictate who i book my microsoft exams through. at the end of the day, if i can get the exams cheaper and know my stuff well enough to pass, it makes little odds if i can get a coffee beforehand or not ;)

I used prometric in both my A+ tests and they were as you described.
    You think those test centers have to be prometric+ certified? icon_lol.gif
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Hmm... the center I went to registered as both VUE and Prometric. Nice place, no refreshments.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • theBardtheBard Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its simple for me, my nearest Prometric center is less than 20 miles away, vue is almost 50 miles away
    The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
    Is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils, The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
    And his affections dark as Erebus: Let no such man be trusted--
    Shakespeare
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    trick000 wrote:
    I used prometric in both my A+ tests and they were as you described.
    You think those test centers have to be prometric+ certified? icon_lol.gif

until we visit prometric test centres that don't have free water or coffee, we will just have to assume they are all like that. though, given the choice of a 12 mile or 40 mile journey, i am more likely to take the 12-mile trip to my local vue centre.
    A+ Moderator
  • ForgottenForgotten Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The center where I registered is both Vue and Prometric. It is like 5 miles away.
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    For me, it was an easy choice. My school has a Prometric testing center hehe. Since I have to be there anyway, I just schedule my exams there too.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=