Virtualization and Cisco

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone here use as Cisco Nexus 1000v? It looks extra sweet. I kind of want to download the trail and play with it in ESXi.

Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches - Cisco Systems

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I nabbed it to check it out. Looks like a decent way to get a small intro into the NX-OS environment. I don't know how deep it will take you but anything is better than nothing right? :D
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I played with the 1000v a little. Hard to do much with though when practicing.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks awesome. I am thinking for throwing up my ESXI box and installing the trail version of it. It looks like experience with it might be very big in the coming years.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    UCS, Nexus, and VMware. A good place to be in my eyes.
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Can anyone attest to the Nexus 1000V being worth the $695/yr cost? Is it a worthy add-on to VMware?
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    Can anyone attest to the Nexus 1000V being worth the $695/yr cost? Is it a worthy add-on to VMware?
    Depending on your networking (or sometimes political) requirements yes it can be very cost effective. Depends on the "why"
  • apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    darkerosxx wrote: »

Does your company deploy Cisco switches on the physical network? Do you need the latest features? Right now VM level span sessions would be a good example. Also more advanced etherchannel support etc etc. When you debug networking do you want to do it with one vendor end to end?