New Opportunities

platinumnjplatinumnj Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I currently work in the middle east. I have worked for a couple different employers while over there for the last 3 years. I have been on contract with my recent employer for about 6 months now, and I came across 3 opportunities that are going to give me a six-figure salary. Aside from that they are going to upgrade my security clearance from SECRET to TOP SECRET. I am really upset in my stomach because I don't know what to do.

I know many of you would way take the job, but I believe I am going to burn a bridge with a huge Government contractor if I leave. I have a family and I know they really want me to come home as well.

Please Advise

Comments

• KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It takes 6 months to a year to get your Top Secret sometimes longer so I hope the job doesn't require it immediately. Also It sounds like taking one of these jobs will give you a nice pay raise and get you closer top your family if thats the case I say whats the hold up? If your contracting company doesn't want you to move up (which they don't) then why would you even second guess it? Just give them a decent notice and you will be fine especially if you do a great job right now. They will probably offer you a raise when you give notice.
  • platinumnjplatinumnj Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kikode wrote: »
    It takes 6 months to a year to get your Top Secret sometimes longer so I hope the job doesn't require it immediately. Also It sounds like taking one of these jobs will give you a nice pay raise and get you closer top your family if thats the case I say whats the hold up? If your contracting company doesn't want you to move up (which they don't) then why would you even second guess it? Just give them a decent notice and you will be fine especially if you do a great job right now. They will probably offer you a raise when you give notice.

The new job would allow me to begin working with a Interim Top Secret.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Weigh up the pro's and cons of each imo. Ultimately i would do what makes you and your family happy most. I would rather be happy, money isnt everything. But thats just me. Or you could make the sacrifice stay out, earn/save as much cash as possible then go home. Speak it over with the missus - she will have a greater say than any of us :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking