Just finished Darril's book

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
I now understand why this book has such rave reviews. This book was actually hard for me to put down. It only took me about 4 days to read. I just finished the 100 question test at the end of the book and scored 94/100 on my first try. From what I hear, these questions are a bit easier than what is on the actual exam though.

I am going to go ahead and schedule my test for next Saturday. This will give me a week to review the Sybex Security+ Deluxe book and watch a few of the videos by Shon Harris.

Thanks again for the fantastic book Darril!
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    Thanks again for the fantastic book Darril!
    Agreed.

I'm not sure how the questions compare to real questions, but I have heard that there are questions on the CompTIA website that are harder than the real ones. So maybe you should give them a try and see what happens.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Agreed.

I'm not sure how the questions compare to real questions, but I have heard that there are questions on the CompTIA website that are harder than the real ones. So maybe you should give them a try and see what happens.

Those questions are a bit easier than the exam itself. I would suggest going after Transcender to get an idea of what the exam will be like. There are some questions on Transcender that are harder than the exam itself. I got eaten alive by the Transcender a couple of times and passed on my first try.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Those questions are a bit easier than the exam itself. I would suggest going after Transcender to get an idea of what the exam will be like. There are some questions on Transcender that are harder than the exam itself. I got eaten alive by the Transcender a couple of times and passed on my first try.

I already have the Transcender. Played with it a couple times and scored in the 70's
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think I am going to spend the weekend studying and then take my test on Monday morning before work. My tests are reimbursed if I pass or fail so no harm in taking it early.
    WGU PROGRESS

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    This will give me a week to review the Sybex Security+ Deluxe book and watch a few of the videos by Shon Harris.

Your job must be paying for the training... Those videos are expensive.... I'm still trying to find even a preview of her videos...
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Her videos are free on Safari Books Online. I pay about $33/mo with promocode.
    WGU PROGRESS