what's this checkpoint cert about?

poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
what's this checkpoint cert about?
is this the new standard for security?
use in many company or what?
good for security overall instead of checkpoint product??
thanks

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You might want to go to the Checkpoint User Group forum but let me warn you, that place is braindump city.
    Well I got neg'd for that last post. To answer your question, there are a lot of people who know a ton about Checkpoint gear there BUT there are also a lot of leachers who want to just get braindumps. There are some honest knowledgeable.
    knwminus wrote: »
    Well I got neg'd for that last post. To answer your question, there are a lot of people who know a ton about Checkpoint gear there BUT there are also a lot of leachers who want to just get braindumps. There are some honest knowledgeable.

Some people are too sensitive. All you did was warn him/her icon_rolleyes.gif I was going to give you rep to counter act the neg, but it seems that I have to spread it around some more.

On a side note, I am trying to get work pay for me to get certified on CheckPoint Whole Disk Encryption. icon_cool.gif
    Some people are too sensitive. All you did was warn him/her icon_rolleyes.gif I was going to give you rep to counter act the neg, but it seems that I have to spread it around some more.

On a side note, I am trying to get work pay for me to get certified on CheckPoint Whole Disk Encryption. icon_cool.gif

That's sweet. Checkpoint seems to have a big footprint overseas as well as here in the USA. For a while I was going to do the CCSA but I ended up switching jobs. We had a few checkpoint firewalls, nokia based I believe. The gui doesn't look that bad and you can download evaluation on the website. You have to search though.

Are you guys using or going to use checkpoint whole disk encryption.
    knwminus wrote: »
    Are you guys using or going to use checkpoint whole disk encryption.

Currently using it. I had a SysAdmin come to me and basically throw me the project to me when I had zero experience with it. I am currently working on moving all currently deployed laptops over to the latest version. Right now we have a mix of three different versions. **Important Advice for anyone working with Checkpoint Whole Disk Encryption** Don't put out multiple versions if you can help it! It makes for a real upgrade nightmare! I spent hours on the phone and in white-papers trying to decide how to approach this. I will probably have it finished on Monday if everything goes smoothly.

My sole reason for wanting to get certified on this now (original reason was kind of selfish icon_lol.gif) is to gain a hold on how all the features work together. For a small piece of software it has a lot of advanced features.

I really like this Check Point product, and I hope to work with more Check Point products in the future. I take it that most of the time Check Point is used in large enterprises?
    I really like this Check Point product, and I hope to work with more Check Point products in the future. I take it that most of the time Check Point is used in large enterprises?

I think so. I've never heard of the disk encryption but as far as firewalls, some of the companies using that we were supporting were in the 100-1000 employee range.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got him for you V.
    I saw on Veritas Linkedin where he was working on that. Did a little checking into it (The ADD rears its' nasty head) and it looks like a good product. I didn't realize it had certs for it though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    I got him for you V.
    I saw on Veritas Linkedin where he was working on that. Did a little checking into it (The ADD rears its' nasty head) and it looks like a good product. I didn't realize it had certs for it though.

Training & Certification
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    We have checkpoint at work and it has its ups and downs. Their firewall product is solid and the interface is very nice to work worth. I will say though that I HATE their VPN stuff. It only supports Windows 32 bit (no linux) and there are just constant problems and bugs with it. I loved the VPN stuff Cisco has, but it's hard to split the products when you already own one.