Thoughts on ICND1

DeesielDeesiel Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the ICND1 today. I studied for about a month. I used the Sybex CCNA book (640-802, I originally planned to do the 1 test route.), CBTNuggets, and CCENT ExamCram. I also read threads on this site and others. These materials worked well for me. When I took the test, I didn't think it was hard. I felt confident in the material.

Thank you all for contributing to the forum!
AAS in CS/Networking Technology, A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS Vista Config, MCSA 2003, CCNA

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!! Welcome to CCENThood :)
  • dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! If you were able to go through ICND1 that quickly you should be able to do ICND2 just as quickly.
  • chXchX Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. :D
    2019 Goals:
    [ ] Recertify CCNA
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, man!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DeesielDeesiel Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all.

Now that I think about it, I actually studied for about 2 months. I originally planned to take it towards the end of June, but I didn't feel ready by then.
    AAS in CS/Networking Technology, A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS Vista Config, MCSA 2003, CCNA
  • CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nicely done mate! Congrats.

Now I need to do that. I'm still however reading through the 640-802. Up to chapter 9.

I plan to get the CCNA out of the way in the next 2 months.
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Deesiel wrote: »
    passed the ICND1
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats and good luck with your cisco studies, I remember passing the CCENT and before I knew it I had a CCNP, good luck!
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congrats man... I hope to slay CCENT this coming month. I am still in link-state routing protocol topic though. GNS3 is awesome.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's refreshing to hear someone doing this. I've wanted to take 2-4 months and study for the test but thought it was unrealistic to pass. I am also working on my degree and working full time so we shall see!
  • DeesielDeesiel Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's refreshing to hear someone doing this. I've wanted to take 2-4 months and study for the test but thought it was unrealistic to pass. I am also working on my degree and working full time so we shall see!
    I'm also a full time student, have 2 young children, a pregnant wife in her third trimester, and began working full time in the beginning of July. If I can do it, you can too!
    I exaggerated when I said I only studied for 1 month (it felt like 1 month... time seems to be flying for me lately), but I definately didn't study for more than 2. I bought the Sybex book in the beginning of June, and that marked the beginning of my studies.
    I failed to mention that I also used Packet Tracer 5.3 and tried all the commands that were mentioned in the CBT Nuggets video, and several in the Sybex 640-802 book (I haven't read this entire book yet BTW).