Dell Posts Nude Photos

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Slashdot Idle Story | Woman's Nude Pics End Up Online After Call To Tech Support

Seriously who is stupider the woman for calling or the tech for doing it.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Outsourcing to companies that don't check their employees FTW?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The article said she watched it happen. Why didn't she just take control of the mouse and stop him? I find this a bit hard to believe.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When did ABC start hosting videos from the The Onion?
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    the tech should b fired
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »
    When did ABC start hosting videos from the The Onion?

LOL, my co-worker showed me this earlier and I couldn't believe this lady allowed herself to be abused so badly. I felt a mix of sympathy and shock for her stupidity.

I have stories I could tell about some of the stupidity of users at my workplace similar to this, but they will have to wait for another time.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Slashdot Idle Story | Woman's Nude Pics End Up Online After Call To Tech Support

Seriously who is stupider the woman for calling or the tech for doing it.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Outsourcing nightmare: Sacramento woman describes Dell tech support abuse (watch video report) | rgj.com | The Reno Gazette-Journal
    So she fell in love with him............
    Following the initial technical call, conversations between Fitzgerald and Shaikh quickly turned personal. Fitzgerald admitted being flattered by the attention from the Indian support tech, whose MySpace page identifies him as being 24 years old. "He's very charming and he knew exactly what to say. It warmed my heart," she said.
    Fitzgerald shared a number of personal e-mails Shaikh sent her from his Hotmail account shortly after their first conversation, including the following message dated Jan. 11, 2009:
    "There are no words to express how I feel about you. I constantly search for the words, and they all seem less than I truly feel. You are my life, my heart, and my soul. You are my best friend. You are my one true love. I still remember the day we first met. I knew that you were the one I was meant to be with forever."

After the pictures were downloaded and posted she still bought him a laptop…uhh crazy

She said Shaikh convinced her to buy him a new Dell laptop in Sacramento and ship it to his home in Mumbai so that he could work on her case from home. A parcel shipping order from UPS shows Fitzgerald spent $195 to ship the laptop by next-day air on Jan. 20, 2009.

I Don't think this is coverd on the A+ icon_lol.gif
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was hoping for photos!!! lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Remote Desktop Problem solved; hit ESC on the top left corner of your keyboard.

I agree that the technician should definitely be fired. "I accidentally charged some new gear to your card"; the thing that disturbs me the most is that she's not even remotely pissed off.
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    lol is the tech microsoft or comptia certified???? Lolz
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a feeling he read "The Art of Deception" haha or she's just that clueless. "I don't..I don't like the cyberworld. You're so vulnerable"
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Shaikh got game.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Really?? icon_rolleyes.gif

I can see how someone would abuse their RDP authority and the end-user not realizing they can terminate the connection...but giving up your ccard info as well as buying and sending him a laptop to work on her problem?

I'm guessing there is much, much more to this story the cry of the 'victim' we just saw on the video.

He's a great con man if he truly pulled this off without this being a cooperative effort.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□

Certainly the woman. A. She called tech support because she misplaced her pictures. B. She watched the guy download them. C. It took her a year to report anything. And last but not least, D. The fact that she is now known throughout the world for taking nude pictures (which are likely still out there somewhere). Can you imagine if you started a new job and found out she was your coworker?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    hahaha what an idiot. Funny how biased the first video was, made you feel like this could happen to you. I don't know anyone stupid enough to do what she did.
  • hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what ever happened to customer is always right?
    if this guy thinks he's got "game" he should try cold calling
    I just hope he comes across his own kind next time he needs a brake job or his toilet fixed
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just watched the video. Maybe companies will bring some of these jobs backs to the states. But in all seriousness, this is why when I work on people's machines, one of the first things I ask is do you have anything on here you don't want me to see and I always tell them I will completely destroy their backed up data w/in 1 month. I once worked on this woman's computer and asked her that question and she said she didn't have anything on her machine that was too personal. Well while backing it up I found a very very video of her. I told her about it and she was cool with it.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    She said Shaikh convinced her to buy him a new Dell laptop in Sacramento and ship it to his home in Mumbai so that he could work on her case from home. A parcel shipping order from UPS shows Fitzgerald spent $195 to ship the laptop by next-day air on Jan. 20, 2009.

That's so funny is she really THAT stupid or they're showing her like this? I find it hard to believe the story, that's really funny :D
  • triotrio Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hmm poor Tara...
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    But in all seriousness, this is why when I work on people's machines, one of the first things I ask is do you have anything on here you don't want me to see and I always tell them I will completely destroy their backed up data w/in 1 month. I once worked on this woman's computer and asked her that question and she said she didn't have anything on her machine that was too personal. Well while backing it up I found a very very video of her. I told her about it and she was cool with it.

When I worked for best buy for a few months on geek squad they used to comb through peoples computer looking for anything they could find, photos, videos, software keys w/e. I think when I quit they had somewhere around 400GB of homemade **** from peoples computers.....pisses me off. icon_exclaim.gif
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just watched the video. Maybe companies will bring some of these jobs backs to the states. But in all seriousness, this is why when I work on people's machines, one of the first things I ask is do you have anything on here you don't want me to see and I always tell them I will completely destroy their backed up data w/in 1 month. I once worked on this woman's computer and asked her that question and she said she didn't have anything on her machine that was too personal. Well while backing it up I found a very very video of her. I told her about it and she was cool with it.

I like the story they did one time where they recorded Best Buy Geek Squad workers copying nude photos off a pretend customer laptop to a thumb drive.

This story is funny though, the Dell tech used her Dell card to ship computers to some other lady lol.
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    one of the first things I ask is do you have anything on here you don't want me to see and I always tell them I will completely destroy their backed up data w/in 1 month.

Isn't that like saying, "Don't open the folder labelled p**n"?
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    I was hoping for photos!!! lol

photo's of THAT?!?! you've got to be kidding me :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Heh, well apparently she's a "webcam model". So, earweed, search for taritabonita and you should find her. Careful what you wish for!
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It sounds like a big PR stunt to me. If not then I don't have much sympathy for the woman, yes the guy was a creep but she walked into it with eyes open.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
    nel wrote: »
    photo's of THAT?!?! you've got to be kidding me :D

It's like a trainwreck. You don't want to watch it, but you have to see it.