70-649 - Tomorrow 7/30/10

Good evening!

I'm taking the first of my upgrade exams tomorrow and decided to come out here and see what I could find to read about other people's experience. Lo and behold, there aren't that many 70-649 threads so I was wondering if I could get some non-NDA feedback on the exam.

Was it easier than you thought it was?
Was it mainly just focused on the enhancement features?

I've read it's no where near as difficult as the MCSE design exams... or the 70-293/294 exams. I'm also guessing there will be a lot of NPS & TS questions since those areas are pretty cool. Also the whol AD LDS thing and the RODC deal I figure will be tested heavily.

I wonder if they'll really test much on the command-line interface questions?

Anyway, let me know what you guys think please!
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Here's something I've heard is good to look at
    Changes in Functionality from Windows Server 2003 with SP1 to Windows Server 2008

Found this from a post from someone who had taken the 649 and said that's all he had studied.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    genXrcist wrote: »
    I'm taking the first of my upgrade exams tomorrow and decided to come out here and see what I could find to read about other people's experience. Lo and behold, there aren't that many 70-649 threads ...

That's why I'm glad you started this one. icon_smile.gif

I'll be sitting this one fairly soon; let us know how you go.
  • beany101beany101 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck today!!!!!!!
    MCSA and MCITP:EA - hooray!! (29th July 2010)

70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647

:thumbup:
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    PASSED with a 730! Wow, I was really somewhat unprepared for this exam. I used the MS Press book and CBNuggets which were both great! I learned a lot and am confident I can utilize the new 2008 features but man there was a lot of stuff on there I never saw or only heard briefly mentioned one time. I really wouldn't test people on that sort of thing but heh, it's Microsofts exam... they can do what they want. :)

Anyway, on to the 70-680 and then the 70-647! Whoo Hoo!

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Oh and thanks for the link earwood, very helpful!
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    genXrcist wrote: »
    PASSED with a 730! Wow, I was really somewhat unprepared for this exam. I used the MS Press book and CBNuggets which were both great! I learned a lot and am confident I can utilize the new 2008 features but man there was a lot of stuff on there I never saw or only heard briefly mentioned one time. I really wouldn't test people on that sort of thing but heh, it's Microsofts exam... they can do what they want. :)

Anyway, on to the 70-680 and then the 70-647! Whoo Hoo!

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Oh and thanks for the link earwood, very helpful!

I made a 730 too. The last section was what hammered me pretty hard, not the one I was worried about (AD).

Congrats to you.
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    I made a 730 too. The last section was what hammered me pretty hard, not the one I was worried about (AD).

Congrats to you.

Interesting scoring method: I got a 730 overall but....

70-640 (AD): 760
    70-643 (App Inf): 730
    70-642 (Net Inf): 850
    yeah the overall is your lowest, not the average.That's M$ for ya.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!